It seems I cannot save songs and the project says: (EMPTY) . 0!
If I try to 'save as' and give it a name it just stays as 00 > (EMPTY) 0

Does this cart need a new battery or is there a way to reformat the cart and install lsdj again?

Unsubscribe

If it was the battery, youd only lose songs after a power cycle.

Maybe try resetting the memory per the manual?

If that doesnt help clean your gameboy and the cart

if that doesnt help, did this cart ever work?

ok I did the memory reset thing, and cleaned the cart and gameboy. Now on the load/save page it says 'File (NEW)' at the top and I still can't save new songs. It just says 'empty'. This cart use to not have this problem.

san diego

Sounds like the battery inside the cart is on its last leg.

I had the same problem on my cart and lost all my music.

Change out the battery and you should be able to sav. And transfer it onto your computer.

I replaced the battery and still same issues. I guess this cart is borked. Is there an easy way to re-flash the cart or should i just replace it?

Unsubscribe

What cart do you have?

I have the EMS 64M cart. On another note, while trying to troubleshoot it more I installed LittleFM alongside LSDJ and then I get an error from LittleFM saying: 'cartridge error your cart has a hardware problem or has less than 128kb of RAM.. Bad Bytes: 10 ... cannot continue. fix cartridge or replace battery (which i did) ... Complete RAM Failure? NO 00"  And I also tried using the official EMS cart software and it won't even detect the cartridge and based on some info I read if that happens then the cartridge hardware is bad. Just sucks I will probably have to spend another 40-50 bucks on the same type of cart or maybe I'll just get an everdrive.

oklahoma

Will an everdrive work for lsdj these days? Or is it still multiple roms with 1 save each? If it does work, which version?

NES GB land

This is exactly the reason why I hate running LSDJ on real hardware. My USB smart card is possibly dead by now and may have some corrosion from its battery. I really wish LSDJ carts would rely on flash memory instead of this battery eating crap.

Alabama
oscillating wrote:

Will an everdrive work for lsdj these days? Or is it still multiple roms with 1 save each? If it does work, which version?

newest X7 card will iirc for GBC/DMG