NUMBSKULL

Thanks for the answers.

Is your target audience here LSDJ users, or retro gamers? I wonder if we could set something up to have some musicians come to hyperkin and get a sneak peak with some songs that tend to struggle on real gameboys.

Michigan

unbelievable.

Alive and well in fucksville

For the price tag, I really hope there is an internal arduino. I would buy a couple of those. Would there be space?

Michigan
bitjacker wrote:

For the price tag, I really hope there is an internal arduino. I would buy a couple of those. Would there be space?

This isn't really made for us, mind you. I gather that the main demographic is the millennial-nostalgia bubble. You know, for playing pokemans ironically.  The six or seven chiptune artists who have 89 bucks on hand aren't the main focus. big_smile
Besides, the commercial distribution of Trash's code would just be another strike for hyperkin. I don't think they want to touch that a second time around. - granted, you were talking about an internal arduino boy.
This is just speculation, but I think the shell is going to be pretty stuffed. If its got a Li-po battery then it will need new components to protect over/undercharging. Two speakers for stereo, etc. An internal arduinoboy is already tough enough to jam into an official gb pocket. But we'll see.

Long Beach, CA
catskull wrote:

Thanks for the answers.

Is your target audience here LSDJ users, or retro gamers? I wonder if we could set something up to have some musicians come to hyperkin and get a sneak peak with some songs that tend to struggle on real gameboys.

Since I did consult a bit  for our R&D team, and what our R&D team has said during CES, I can honestly say, we do have some intention of aiming this at actual GB producers, but like someone mentioned here, it is a new solution for playing your old Game Boy games.

Our products are always for both the hardcore and the general public looking for a nostalgia kick. But the audio features are, for the most part, intended for chiptune purposes.