Baton Rouge, LA

I want to build a gameboy for my buddy's birthday and get him set up to start making some tunes. Obviously I need to supply a cart for him but which one would be best. I have an EMS smart cart and a couple of Drag n Derps so I haven't really been keeping up with whats out there cause I'm more or less set. I don't really want to shell out 100 bones for a Drag n Derp or give him the headache of dealing with the EMS. So my question is this...

What are some good cart options for lsdj/midiGB? Has there been any improvements with the EMS cart and Windows?

Italy

Most significant improvement about EMS is ems-qart!

It provides the same functionality of the default drivers with no more issues with Windows versions up to Windows 10! Still not a drag and drop thing though.
Idk about other carts sadly.

Glasgow, Scotland.

I still like the EMS! I've had three of them for years and never had any hassle.

BennVenns are also very good

Canada

Are Drag'n'Derps still around? I have 2. Looks like they've been "out of stock" since 2015?

Alive and well in fucksville

They could end up being worth money.

Baton Rouge, LA

Hey I actually went with the EMS cart. Got it from Hong Kong for like 35$. Tried out ems qart and it’s soooo much easier. This is fantastic. Made me drag out my old EMS cart and flashed some games in it. Thanks Merutochan!