Well well, what have we here. I happened to come across an old backup of the Prodigy source code, it's right before I added in ADSR envelopes and operator algorithm displays.

For those that don't know, Prodigy was a newer version of YMDJ, a native Sega Genesis/Megadrive tracker, like LSDJ is for the Gameboys. I made wild promises to the chiptune community and failed to deliver. This has bothered me for years.

I learned how to write assembly code and program by means of this project. So the project is a real mess and isn't quite up to spec. Naming conventions and register choices are inconsistent, poor choices were made on timing and graphics displays. It was really a shocker I got as far as I did. For this and other reasons, I quit the project.

I tried to start from scratch and even recently made some headway with Chaos Tracker, but now I have 2 kids and a full time job. But still, this really bothered me. How interesting that just the other day, I accidentally ran into a backup of the source code... I don't know how useful this is right now. Maybe it can be salvaged, maybe not.

github.com/LeviathaninWaves/Prodigy

yo!

I've been hurt before, but hope springs eternal.