Indianapolis, IN

I know I know these threads are all over the place and never get a response from anyone,... I just actually really need a 2nd Dragnderp and dunno what to do....

NUMBSKULL

Maybe we can start a petition to get abrasive to make more?

Alive and well in fucksville

Is the professor going to make any more?

Last edited by bitjacker (Apr 25, 2018 1:38 am)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Was in direct correspondence with him earlier in the year, he said it wasnt a priority because he has a kid.

Somebody needs to step up and make a decent flash cart

Indianapolis, IN

When I sent him an email he said that he didn't have the high quality cases for the carts anymore because the manufacturer stopped making them - I responded and asked if it was possible to purchase just the PCB, but he never replied....

Last edited by defensem3ch (Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm)

oklahoma

Bennvenn. He says he's working on a usb cart. I picked up one of his sd carts. I like it. I'd beg him to finalize those.  Maybe ship a box of cash to him.

Catskull? Why dont you offer one? Maybe everyone ship a box of cash to him too?
All i know is money is the key to happiness. Unless you have plenty of money.... Then giving it to everyone else is the key to happiness.  So, ship me boxes of money.

Indianapolis, IN

Yeah Bennvenn is supposedly working on a Dragnderp replacement but has not updated regarding this product for several weeks. I have 2 El Cheapos but they are not as fast and reliable as the Dragnderp. I want a Dragnderp so that it will be compatible with LittleFM.

oscillating wrote:

Bennvenn.

I said decent.

I'm going back to EMS carts because of how trash the El Cheapos are. You don't know how many songs I've lost to the terrible UI and bugs. I would hold my breath on those USB carts being worth any salt.

oscillating wrote:

Catskull? Why dont you offer one?

CATSKULL PLEASE FUCKING DO IT

Last edited by nanode (Apr 25, 2018 4:12 pm)

Indianapolis, IN

The 2 El Cheapos I have have been reliable, although I did end up returning a 3rd because there was some bug causing the SRAM to corrupt on every boot. I have also lost songs because I pressed up instead of down or vice versa and there is no confirmation dialog to make sure you don't overwrite your save either in SRAM or on the cart. Also, reading/writing a .sav from/to the SD card on a DMG is horribly slow, you can't swap out a save live and feel confident that it will be done before the current song is done playing. Actually if it were possible to use LittleFM to access the ROM on the El Cheapo this would solve my problem, maybe I'll reach out to nitro about it...

NUMBSKULL

I would love to sell Drag n derps! How essential is the USB? Would something like asm's fightercart fit the bill?

Indianapolis, IN

I probably don't care about USB at this point - my main feature requests are 2mb ROM, 128kb SRAM, and LittleFM compatibility. According to nitro:

nitro2k01 wrote:

Compatibility: Sav backup to flash

LittleFM can use generic flashcarts based on the following flash chips: AM29F016, AM29F032b. This includes flash cartridges sold under names as Bleepbloop, Smartboy and Fighter Cart. It is also compatible with drag’n'derp.

catskull wrote:

I would love to sell Drag n derps! How essential is the USB? Would something like asm's fightercart fit the bill?

I don't want to have to get another adapter for a cart. USB or SD would be preferable.

NUMBSKULL

Yeah, a fightercart style thing wouldn't be that hard to do, but I've be reluctant to put steam into it because a) I don't really like directly competing with other things on the market (but fightercarts aren't on the market?), b) I don't really want to have to rely on a third party flasher (though the joey flasher is really nice IMO), and c) I didn't think people were into it. I'll have to keep thinking/experimenting.

catskull wrote:

I don't really like directly competing with other things on the market

literally what market. there's like no good flash carts available to buy.

The Forest, WA
nanode wrote:
catskull wrote:

I don't really like directly competing with other things on the market

literally what market. there's like no good flash carts available to buy.

i just bought a ems 64mb smart cart from kitsch and its rock and only 42$, you got duel boot rom and if your on mac is super easy to flash from terminal smile

Unsubscribe

once you have tried drag and drop functionality on a flash cart youll never accept anything less again.