(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
GLOOMS wrote:
nanode wrote:

literally what market. there's like no good flash carts available to buy.

i just bought a ems 64mb smart cart

i said good

herr_prof wrote:

once you have tried drag and drop functionality on a flash cart youll never accept anything less again.

The Forest, WA
herr_prof wrote:

once you have tried drag and drop functionality on a flash cart youll never accept anything less again.

yeah ok you got me i was gunna buy one but they were sold out! wink

The Forest, WA
nanode wrote:
GLOOMS wrote:

i just bought a ems 64mb smart cart

i said good

what makes drag n derps better other than being more accessible for loading roms and saves? (i haven't done any research) i just know its drag n drop. Is the hardware of the cartridge better than other flash carts/ saving/loading projects, less bugs? whatnot etc.

NUMBSKULL

Yeah, for one it uses batteryless ram so the battery will never die and take your songs with it.

Unsubscribe

I mean I’ve never had a data loss from it crashing either.

herr_prof wrote:

I mean I’ve never had a data loss from it crashing either.

it's happened to me several times.

Unsubscribe

Lucky me!

Indianapolis, IN

I've never had a Dragnderp crash either; yeah the batteryless aspect is really nice.

LittleFM support means that you can have 8 saves stored on the flash ROM for instant access (it takes about 5 seconds to load an entire save, about 10-15 seconds to save one - actually if you have a Dragnderp you can copy the entire 2mb ROM + saves for easy loading on EMS or El Cheapo, but you won't be able to save them back onto the flashed ROM). Looking into whether saving might be possible on El Cheapo as this would be a game changer.

TBH I don't care about drag and drop support, we have ems-qart which is just as easy now for EMS, and the El Cheapo SD card read/write is also just as easy. I also have a joey flasher so really any option would be doable. I might have to look into getting a Fightercart or something instead.

The Dragnderp is just rock solid, fast, and convenient, it's the best of all worlds. Peter Swimm dubbed it "The Cadillac of LSDj carts" for "incredible ease of use, minimal crashes and most importantly of all zero loss of data."

Oh I thought y'all were referring to EMS crashes haha

I've had good luck whenever I've tried out a Dragnderp. I need them in my life. If someone makes a clone then consider my money theirs.

Last edited by nanode (Apr 26, 2018 2:25 pm)

Unsubscribe

Heh! I’m not a fan of using littlefm cause it complicates save management. I would use I for like, an archive cart with all my completed projects.

Indianapolis, IN

haha true my save files are a mess!... well anyway i ended up snagging 1 lone used DnD off eBay. best of luck to anyone else trying to get a hold of one of these....

Unsubscribe
defensem3ch wrote:

The Dragnderp is just rock solid, fast, and convenient, it's the best of all worlds. Peter Swimm dubbed it "The Cadillac of LSDj carts" for "incredible ease of use, minimal crashes and most importantly of all zero loss of data."

Im just quoting myself guys sorry.

Dallas, Texas
defensem3ch wrote:

haha true my save files are a mess!... well anyway i ended up snagging 1 lone used DnD off eBay. best of luck to anyone else trying to get a hold of one of these....

O_O Not that one that was like $400, was it? yikes

TylerBarnes wrote:
defensem3ch wrote:

it was but it was sold for $150 US.

Dallas, Texas
nanode wrote:
TylerBarnes wrote:

it was but it was sold for $150 US.

Thank god. That's not too bad. I'd gladly pay $150 for another.