Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Figured i'd post these for the fun of it..
Back in the day when all this 8-bit, chipmusic, lo-fi stuff wasn't as hip as it is to day, and didn't have such cool names... we used to call  it... "experimental"
lol..

anyways. during the ages of 14-19, aside from working on nanoloop and making really bad electronic music on various pieces of gear and the earliest versions of fruityloops, i used to perform live improv noise/ambient/sound-scape sets using children's toys/keyboards (mostly sk-1's and a casio SA-10) w/ FX, and loop pedals.

I have an album coming out in the next couple months from a more recent life performance that i think these will be a nice little sneak into the good old days of Low-Gain... (age 18-19)

Milwaukee, WI

Now that is interesting!  Particularly that you started when you were 14.  Also your hair used to rock.

philly

cool!

New York, NY

Very cool! Had no idea you used to do this kind of thing.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
exilefaker wrote:

Very cool! Had no idea you used to do this kind of thing.

most dont. wink

Eugene, OR

Reminds me of Ross!....jk   Nice job dude!  I used to play with fruity loops a lot and my DM-100...

California

wish I could of known about chiptune/circuit bending as early as this. I had no clue this stuff was even happening. was not until I was introduced to LSDJ that I found out what was up. oh and that atrocious WIRED article that made everyone out to be cyberpunk rebels or something.

Last edited by Rei Yano (Jan 11, 2010 6:18 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

in 2000/01...i had no clue anything was going on w/ gameboys.. i simply found this crazy nanoloop site and ordered one and made minimal techno w/ it. hahaha.. it wasn't an "8-bit" thing then.. simply a crazy medium that literally no one else had where i was from. gave me an excuse to use my old game boy again. I remember playing my highschool talent show try out... hahaha. they were blown away. "WTF IS THAT!?" granted i was doing a crazy tetris remix at the time (who doesn't do a tetris remix when they first start out right? lol).

Santa Barbara, California

So badass

My brother used to do "experimental" stuff back then with his friends... best gig they got was at a garage sale.

Last edited by MCP (Jan 11, 2010 8:38 am)

Los Angeles
low-gain wrote:

(who doesn't do a tetris remix when they first start out right? lol).

Me.

IL, US
trash80 wrote:
low-gain wrote:

(who doesn't do a tetris remix when they first start out right? lol).

Me.

also me smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Me.

also me smile

well aren't you two special. tongue

IL, US

yes?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:

yes!

Corrected smile I agree!

California
low-gain wrote:

in 2000/01...i had no clue anything was going on w/ gameboys.. i simply found this crazy nanoloop site and ordered one and made minimal techno w/ it. hahaha.. it wasn't an "8-bit" thing then.. simply a crazy medium that literally no one else had where i was from. gave me an excuse to use my old game boy again. I remember playing my highschool talent show try out... hahaha. they were blown away. "WTF IS THAT!?" granted i was doing a crazy tetris remix at the time (who doesn't do a tetris remix when they first start out right? lol).

Low Gain that is so awesome. you are a pioneer. I am so glad to be a part of this right now but dang I wish I coulda been there as early as 2000/01. thanks for that. and ofc an obligatory "cool story, bro"

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Rei Yano wrote:

Low Gain that is so awesome. you are a pioneer. I am so glad to be a part of this right now but dang I wish I coulda been there as early as 2000/01. thanks for that. and ofc an obligatory "cool story, bro"

i'd hardly say i'm a pioneer man.. "keeping it real in the old school of Duluth MN"

hahahaha

thanks though..