Praha, Czech republic

There is a new version of Reality Adlib Tracker!
From the announcement:

RAD 2 has the following features:

OPL2 and OPL3 FM support
    Up to 127 separate instruments (up from 31 in RAD 1.1)
    Up to 100 separate patterns (up from 32 in RAD 1.1)
    Up to 128 patterns in the order
    9 channels
    Compact tune file size (even smaller than RAD 1.1)
    Innovative "riff" system
    MIDI support
    Export to WAV feature
    Easy to use

Notably, it has 4op / stereo support, so if you liked the workflow of the original but missed some OPL3 features, this might be for you!

Its very very cool!!!!! Just one question: How I can automation any synth parameters in patterns?

Thnx!

São Paulo, Brazil

what?? RAD is back after 23 years!

7 years ago I released an OPL album made on adlibtracker2 because RAD lacked opl3. But I always thought it way easier to use than AT2. Time to give it a new shot.

Poland, Gdansk

Great stuff! Im mostly interested in the 4op stuff and MIDI IN

EDIT: the riffs are cool too

Last edited by scannerboy (May 4, 2018 8:57 am)

Planet Zaxxon

MORE FM PLEASE, oh ok here it is. yes yes!

Jalex wrote:

Its very very cool!!!!! Just one question: How I can automation any synth parameters in patterns?

Thnx!

Hi Jalex, Void/Reality here.

Unfortunately you can't automate synth parameters in patterns currently - however you can modify them using commands in our new Instrument Riffs feature. See the final two paragraphs under "Riffs" (it's also worth checking out the rest of the Riffs section - it's a powerful feature):

http://www.3eality.com/productions/real … acker/docs

To modify operator parameters, place any of the following commands in an instrument riff:

M - Multiplier
U - Feedback
V - Volume

The  channel the effect is in defines which operator is affected. Channel 2 & 6 target operator one. Channel 3 & 7 affect operator two. Channel 4 & 8 affect operator three. Finally, Channel 5 & 9 affect operator four.

Cheers,
void.

void wrote:
Jalex wrote:

Thnx!

Hi Jalex, Void/Reality here.

Unfortunately you can't automate synth parameters in patterns currently - however you can modify them using commands in our new Instrument Riffs feature. See the final two paragraphs under "Riffs" (it's also worth checking out the rest of the Riffs section - it's a powerful feature):

http://www.3eality.com/productions/real … acker/docs

To modify operator parameters, place any of the following commands in an instrument riff:

M - Multiplier
U - Feedback
V - Volume

The  channel the effect is in defines which operator is affected. Channel 2 & 6 target operator one. Channel 3 & 7 affect operator two. Channel 4 & 8 affect operator three. Finally, Channel 5 & 9 affect operator four.

Cheers,
void.

Thnx Void! Can you showing any presets?

ps i have crash RAD Tracker after fast skip operatars algorithms in osx 10.13.4
and maybe You can fix glide mode off and save fullscreen mode?
and how about non realtime render to wave?

Bless

Last edited by Jalex (May 4, 2018 1:47 pm)

Jalex wrote:

Thnx Void! Can you showing any presets?

Here's a RAD file that demonstrates parameter changes in an Instrument Riff:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q78OR7 … 0FrGa/view

Open the tune and in the Instrument Editor for Instrument 01, hit CMD-R or CTRL-R. You'll see the Instrument Riff for Instrument 1:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ha6Omm … ixBIt/view

This pattern will play every time this instrument is triggered. You can add note changes, effects (pitch down for kicks/snares, pitch bends for vibrato), even trigger other instruments from here - I haven't fully explored this yet though!

However, columns 2, 3, and 6 are where I am modifying the instrument parameters:

Column 2 (command U) is modulating the Feedback of operators 1 & 2.
Column 3 (command V) is modulating the Volume of operator 2.
Column 6 (command M) is modulating the Multiplier of operator 2.

Note also that on row 48 I'm looping back to row 1 so that the Instrument Riff continues to play indefinitely.

Jalex wrote:

ps i have crash RAD Tracker after fast skip operatars algorithms in osx 10.13.4

Are you able to send us a RAD file with instructions that reliably reproduces this crash?

Jalex wrote:

and maybe You can fix glide mode off and save fullscreen mode?
and how about non realtime render to wave?

Not sure what you mean by "glide mode off" - do you mean the CRT emulation?

Will see if we can record CRT emulation and full-screen state but I think at this stage RAD has been kept very light-weight and doesn't save any preferences to the local machine.

With realtime render, I think this could be a limitation of the OPL3 emulation library we're using, but I'll shoot all of these requests through to Shayde, the coder of RAD.

The Forest, WA

Can you send MIDI to RAD or does it just use midi instruments? I can’t find how midi is implemented in the manual?

GLOOMS wrote:

Can you send MIDI to RAD or does it just use midi instruments? I can’t find how midi is implemented in the manual?

Hi GLOOMS,

I've only tried using a physical MIDI keyboard with RAD, but anything that is a valid MIDI source on your system should work. If you want to send MIDI to RAD from another program, you may need to set up a virtual MIDI bus in-between. I was able to do this on my Mac by following these instructions:

https://www.skratchdot.com/2016/01/crea … ts-on-osx/

And I was then able to select IAC Driver Bus 1 as my MIDI source in RAD (CTRL-M to configure MIDI). I didn't go so far as to actually send MIDI commands to this bus, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work from here.

If you need further help, let me know exactly what you're trying to achieve and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers!
void.

Poland, Gdansk

Does the midi implementation handle the midi clock messages both in and out? Im interested in syncing the RAD Tracker to my C64

scannerboy wrote:

Does the midi implementation handle the midi clock messages both in and out? Im interested in syncing the RAD Tracker to my C64

Hi scannerboy,

No - RAD simply plays back notes (and velocities, and note-offs) received by the selected MIDI source. The intention wasn't to create a virtual OPL3 MIDI synthesiser - rather we just wanted to allow people to use their MIDI keyboard to play back instruments and sequence notes, rather than using their PC keyboard. There is no MIDI clock sync and no ability to sync RAD tune playback with other MIDI devices.

However, if you have a third-party sequencer that is synced to your C64, and is able to send MIDI note data to RAD, then you could theoretically sync playback together. As a massive C64 fan, I'm really intrigued by your request and would love to hear this in action - if I can provide any more info to get you closer to this goal, let me know.

Cheers!
void.

BUG report

https://youtu.be/_ISy999qWcE

do you mean the CRT emulation?

- YES!!!! PLZ kill its just soap!!!

upd

quick help have any mistakes with hhot keys in mac os

copy operator dont work in osx
i dont understand how i can up master volume )))

What you think about add mixer console in the next update ?
and full screen editor for instruments?

thnx

Bless!!!

Last edited by Jalex (May 8, 2018 8:38 am)

Got it running on my GPD Pocket which is perfect. Brings me back to my Libretto days.

The built in OPL3 emulator sounds great!

Instruments can be shared from v1 to v2 but not via the Instrument Library. You have to export the instrument as a file and import.

The fact that it comes with a library for reading RAD files is awesome, as is the very detailed spec!

Keyboard shortcuts are very intuitive and I came up to speed very quickly which was awesome.

Joliette, QC, Canada

One of my favorite MS-DOS OPL tracker now supports OPL3 !??!
Holy Macaroni ! yikes

Any news about update or bugfix?