San Francisco Bay Area

Hey all, quick question. I got a Supercard SD Mini the other day, which is a really cheap GBA flash cartridge. I mainly got it for Furious Advanced Tracker(a GBA tracker), but it also has a built-in Gameboy emulator which I would like to run LSDJ on. The problem is, because of the wonky hardware system they set up in the card, it doesn't pass the SRAM test. Is there anyway to bypass this? I assume the SRAM is just for saves, but I could be wrong. If it were, I would be able to patch it out if there hasn't already been a patch(I've looked and found nothing). I'm pretty sure the GBA flash cartridge has other means of saving, so I can keep my progress(not all game saves work properly with their wonky memory, including the GBA tracker, so it has other means for saving. I could be totally wrong, though)

Last edited by Kal (Jul 10, 2018 2:51 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

Nope.

San Francisco Bay Area
bitjacker wrote:

Nope.

Good to know, but I'm still pretty curious as to why. Does that mean SRAM is used for things other than saves?

so your saying  pressing L+R+A+Select, to backup your saves not work? and if it does save, but doesn't load, did you make sure the sav file and gb. file have the same name?
saying because I have one coming in the mail, and this is making me sad.

Last edited by shitbird (Jul 12, 2018 12:56 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

You need a working MINI sd card Those adapters for mini to micro dont work. this same thing happened to me when i got an ez flash 4. my problems ended when i got a mini sd card. Make sure to get an adapter for usb to mini. Throw the existing adapter thats in the cart in the trash.

Last edited by bitjacker (Jul 12, 2018 2:43 am)

bitjacker wrote:

You need a working MINI sd card Those adapters for mini to micro dont work. this same thing happened to me when i got an ez flash 4. my problems ended when i got a mini sd card. Make sure to get an adapter for usb to mini. Throw the existing adapter thats in the cart in the trash.

DANGIT!! I've been waiting week. A 2gb micro sd card should be in the mail tomorrow. I'll test it out of course, but thanks for the heads up bitjacker!  At least when it doesn't work I won't punch my leg AS hard.

Last edited by shitbird (Jul 12, 2018 6:49 pm)

I figured it out!  If you want Furious Advance Tracker to save with the micro sd ( i might be doing an extra step), First upload the gba rom this way-->open up the software used for patching the gba games. http://www.minihere.com/supercard-mini- … nload.html        Turn off all enabling in the options= auto save, quick reset etc etc. Then "add" the fat tracker gba file, and press "out" as usual.

Go to your sd card and erase the fat tracker  .sci and the .gba file leaving only the .sav file.Now drag and drop the original (not patched) fat tracker .gba file onto the mini sd card like you would a regular gb,gbc,or nes file...To save you'll do a regular save in fat trackers menu= name your track "something kewl". After that works reset your gba by turning it off and on.........;), and then go to "saver" on the carts main menu and find fat tracker. It will ask "Do you save to SD?" hit  A button for yes, and fat tracker is now saved. You will have to reset your gba and save on the main menu everytime, but it works.

lsdj= You have to use the goomba version. The highest is version 3 ( i think)  It was in the giant list of all the lsdj versions you can download for 5 bucks. It auto saves, and to have multiples saves you'll copy paste and rename multiple roms

Last edited by shitbird (Jul 19, 2018 4:49 am)

San Francisco Bay Area
bitjacker wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the info! Will have to get a mini SD card instead of the dumb micro + adapter it comes with.

shitbird wrote:

I figured it out!  If you want Furious Advance Tracker to save with the micro sd ( i might be doing an extra step), First upload the gba rom this way-->open up the software used for patching the gba games. http://www.minihere.com/supercard-mini- … nload.html        Turn off all enabling in the options= auto save, quick reset etc etc. Then "add" the fat tracker gba file, and press "out" as usual.

Go to your sd card and erase the fat tracker  .sci and the .gba file leaving only the .sav file.Now drag and drop the original (not patched) fat tracker .gba file onto the mini sd card like you would a regular gb,gbc,or nes file...To save you'll do a regular save in fat trackers menu= name your track "something kewl". After that works reset your gba by turning it off and on.........;), and then go to "saver" on the carts main menu and find fat tracker. It will ask "Do you save to SD?" hit  A button for yes, and fat tracker is now saved. You will have to reset your gba and save on the main menu everytime, but it works.

lsdj= You have to use the goomba version. The highest is version 3 ( i think)  It was in the giant list of all the lsdj versions you can download for 5 bucks. It auto saves, and to have multiples saves you'll copy paste and rename multiple roms

Woah, awesome. Thanks for the info! On the FAT tracker site it tells you vaguely how to save with the cart, but your instructions are much more clear and would help people out. Appreciate it!

And, I can deal with version 3 as long as it works, but thanks for the heads up. I know there's a limitation of 1 save, too, but that's pretty easy getting around with a flash cart(having different copies for different songs).