̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I would donate the $1500 but I don't live in the right state.
And leave him alone guys, he only wants to bring 8-bit to the world.

Philly, PA, USA

yeah he's just trying to expand the scene,
we all need some expansion right?

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Does Unicorn Dream Attack know that this guy stole his album cover?

Tacoma WA

and i thought the microkorg had a small keyboard

astral cat

i don't even know what to say but this suuuuuure is funny!

Unsubscribe

That being said, I think this violates all kinds of GPL that the arduinoboy code is released under.

NSW, Australia
egr wrote:
infradead wrote:

fuck you

i'm going to start a kickstarter to pay for his kickstarter to send him to your house

I would support that project as long as I get a copy of the "jam session" cd...

You just pay me a deposit* of $1000 then i will put a cd on hold for you.

* I cannot guarantee that who will get this deposit back.

infradead wrote:
NO CARRIER wrote:

Just getting in on what I hope to be an amazing thread full of shit talking..

fuck you

i'm going to start a kickstarter to pay for his kickstarter to send him to your house

LOL

So, I visited this dudes site, and he is a self-proclaimed developer in PHP, Java, NBasic, 6502 Assembly, and Objective-C, CSS 3, HTML 5, and JQuery, writes apps for the iPhone, Android, WebOS.... and is in junior high.

Last edited by Battle Lava (Jun 9, 2010 12:24 pm)

IL, US
Battle Lava wrote:
infradead wrote:

fuck you

LOL

So, I visited this dudes site, and he is a self-proclaimed developer in PHP, Java, NBasic, 6502 Assembly, and Objective-C, CSS 3, HTML 5, and JQuery, writes apps for the iPhone, Android, WebOS.... and is in junior high.

close, hes a junior in high school

ad-hell-aide

guys, didn't you hear? as it turns out, prototyping a full synthesizer requires a decent amount of money.

☺☺☺
e.s.c. wrote:

hes a junior in high school

unless his name is squidman and he is a BOTB'ah lurker i call bullcockeneny

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

That being said, I think this violates all kinds of GPL that the arduinoboy code is released under.

Good point although I think he's attempting to play by the rules with his promises to release all his files and only charge for building or kits. I was curious if anyone knew this guy and could tell if he's talking out of his ass...

hardcore, Australia

The PMG-10: making piano-bit accessible to gamers I'm a student and gamer in Tallahassee, Florida trying to bring piano to the world of videogames.

Nice hook, but what is it? The PMG-10 is a fully self-contained analogue synthesizer that uses the original Pianoforté as its sound module. The code being run on the instrument is based off of Piano written by Bartolomeo Cristofori. The gamecontroller is running off of an Arduino micro-controller. All the code and designs are completely open source. The synth is designed to be hacked together from other game controllers if needed / wanted.

Why are you doing this? I want to make piano sounds more accessible to any gamer. Right now, the only way to use a Piano or Keyboard for music requires learning complicated notes that can take months or years to master. Plus, it's difficult to use a piano for headshots or playing xboxlive with other noobs. That's where the PMG-10 comes in. The PMG-10 combines the playability of a standard game control with the sound and raw piano-bit power of the Pianoforté. The PMG-10 will let a whole new group of gamers make piano-bit and pianotune based music.

All good and well, but why do you need my help? As it turns out, prototyping a full synthesizer requires a decent amount of money. While I'm almost done with the prototype, I need to build a cleaner version with more condensed hardware; the prototype is just too messy to be practical. This requires String fabrication, case manufacturing, and more stools and cushions. Once I have all of that done, though, all of my code and designs will become open source. All of my Eagle documents, all of my code sets, everything will be open and build-able by anyone.

I will still offer building services and kits after the drive for those that are slightly less carpentarially inclined. I want everybody to be capable of using this piano.

What do I get out of this? Eternal love and thanks from me, plus our many fabulous prizes listed off to the right hand side.

What's next for the project? I need to finish the prototype and then get cracking on the final keyboard design. It will be a long process, but it will definitely be worth it.

Thanks you for reading this. Any donation will help, even $1. Your pledge is incredibly appreciated.

Project location: Tallahassee, FL

New York City
Battle Lava wrote:

[edit] godinpants, fucking LOL! [/edit]

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 9, 2010 1:51 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
Nue wrote:
egr wrote:

I would support that project as long as I get a copy of the "jam session" cd...

You just pay me a deposit* of $1000 then i will put a cd on hold for you.

* I cannot guarantee that who will get this deposit back.

Hang on a second while I setup a Kickstarter to raise the deposit money...

GNV / FL / USA
Battle Lava wrote:
infradead wrote:

fuck you

LOL

If he knows all these languages, please do start a Kickstarter and send him to my house. I have some coding I could use help with.