London, UK

I am just trying to get LGPT up and running - the actual program is running fine. I even seem (sometimes) to be able to put soundfonts in folders and have them show up and play....

but I don't think I understand how samples are supposed to work.

I have loads of 16 bit samples, which I am trying to load into "samplelib" under the assumption I can then import them to a project.

about 90% of the time I transfer them by usb, try and open a folder and the entire thing just crashes. then when i look back in the folder the files are gone.

should I only be loading folders rather than folder trees?
Is there a size limit on individual folders in samplelib?
Is there a limit on the amount of files you can have in samplelib even?

I was sort of thinking i could cart a huge chip library around with me and just load 32mb of samples into each project... but that doesn't seem to be working. I have loads of (tiny) single cycle waveforms which do at least show up in import.... but don't seem to actually import.
On the other hand, one small folder of samples loaded on it's own now seems to work perfectly....

is a 32GB card just too big? i have an SD to Memory stick duo adapter, or am I doing something stupi/expecting too much?

tearing my hair out a bit..... any help gratefully received....

Last edited by Duck (Sep 29, 2018 1:59 pm)

Unsubscribe

Ram is a premium on the psp. I would put your samples sorted in folders by type so it loads quicker

London, UK

ah, ok so you think it's crashing because there are too many files per folder for it read?

thanks.
might have to get a 2000 to alleviate it at least a bit!

Unsubscribe

that wont help, the way the file browser works is it loads the entire folder in ram so the songs are available for preview,

Try sorting the list a little, or use shorter / lower quality samples.

Geneva, NY
Duck wrote:

then when i look back in the folder the files are gone.

This seems like the weirdest part of the issue and maybe the heart of it. It seems like a filesystem issue with the PSP, not piggy. Yeah, maybe try a smaller SD card (like 8GB or less) and see if that changes anything.

London, UK

Thanks both for the help - going to try with 8GB card now instead....

that wont help, the way the file browser works is it loads the entire folder in ram so the songs are available for preview,

Try sorting the list a little, or use shorter / lower quality samples.

Sorry - you're saying it opens the entire of "sampllib"? or just the entire of whatever folder you click through too?

if it's "sampllib" then that's what's going wrong as I have a LOT of samples in there. If it's just the folder you click into, it seems to happen even when i have a few kb of files in there, so think it must be another issue.

if it's the folder, then having 64mb instead of 32mb would at least give a little more leeway!

Last edited by Duck (Oct 2, 2018 11:29 am)

London, UK

<facepalm>

faulty SD card!

I didn't think the only part of the chain that isn't fifteen years old, homebrew or jailbroken would be the problem, but it is.

Changed cards and it all works as I'd expect - tried to use the 32GB card for something else.... and all the files disappeared....

thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Duck (Oct 2, 2018 12:10 pm)

Unsubscribe

It might not just support 32gb. I never used more than 16 on mine.

Spokompton
Duck wrote:

I didn't think the only part of the chain that isn't fifteen years old, homebrew or jailbroken would be the problem, but it is.

They don't make um like they yousta!

London, UK
herr_prof wrote:

It might not just support 32gb. I never used more than 16 on mine.

possibly..... the SD card behaves the same with Windows 10 though but maybe because it's PSP formatted I guess.

Unsubscribe

Or you got a bootleg... dunno what it is about the psp but it quickly exposes dodgy cards for me as well.

Geneva, NY

HAPPY ENDING! Can't wait to hear your musical output!