NUMBSKULL

Ah nice! Looks like no prime shipping but still a good deal. I played through about 1/3 cave story the other night and overall I just really like the handheld.

If you buy one I'd recommend putting the firmware on the internal SD card. Mine came with a 4gb card that is what the firmware needs. Then just put your roms and music on the external card.

NUMBSKULL

Also worth noting that GMU player has been added to the latest firmware bundle.

Jumped up a bit, now back down to $40 from factory vendor on Amazon; just bought one.

I just got one of these, I did the "external boot" method and everything works perfectly! LGPT on it is incredible, I've been making a few sample sets to play with.

OpenDingux has built-in support for overclocking. If you're going to run SNES emulator, I recommend bumping it up to 600 mHz. It runs 60 fps very nearly consistently. Certainly the best SNES emulation I've seen on any of these sort of handhelds.

I'm probably gonna order a second as a backup :¬)

Is there another place to grab a compatible build of Piggy following the release of the new RetroFW firmware?

Geneva, NY

I would guess the Dingux version would still work?

Unsubscribe

I think their is some screen sizing issue

NUMBSKULL
wahrk wrote:

Is there another place to grab a compatible build of Piggy following the release of the new RetroFW firmware?

No, I'd ask a dev to recompile for you.

I asked on the Retrogamers Discord and they hooked me up. They now have a recent build in the ipk mirrors.

Regarding MIDI: Is it possible to do MIDI over USB (or with an external USB MIDI adapter) with Dingux builds? That would be a nice way to sidestep this whole modded serial challenge.

NUMBSKULL

What's the advantage of retrofw over useless? I haven't kept up!

I don't think these devices can do usb host stuff so it wouldn't be possible. Devs over on discord would be able to answer. Honestly the mod is SO CLOSE to working, testing is just super slow.

vvv

Last edited by wahrk (Mar 22, 2019 1:32 am)

catskull wrote:

What's the advantage of retrofw over useless? I haven't kept up!

I think it's mostly a better and/or less buggy kernel. I'm not sure otherwise. RetroFW hit 1.0 right before I got my unit, so I've been running it from the get-go.

catskull wrote:

I don't think these devices can do usb host stuff so it wouldn't be possible. Devs over on discord would be able to answer.

T_T

catskull wrote:

Honestly the mod is SO CLOSE to working, testing is just super slow.

That is exciting!

Here's a build of LGPT for the RS-97 that potentially enables USB serial MIDI: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … pt_usb.ipk

No idea what to do with it from here, but catskull might know.

London

Has there ever been any results with getting MIDI out of this device? I'd quite like to get back into pigging which I haven't really done since I lost my dingoo. I've tried using it on my vita, but it just doesn't feel the same. And I'm always scared to bring the vita on stage because somehow it feels to precious for this environment. And too big and clunky and stuff.
Bla.
MIDI MIDI?

Unsubscribe

anyone interested in looking at the trash80 device check out his instragram story.

London

Was that an answer to my question or something else?

[edit] Ah no, it wasn't, or not exactly... But since no one else's answering I guess this has been abandoned and everyone is looking elsewhere now?

Last edited by der Warst (Mar 1, 2020 10:30 pm)