https://menga.net/chiptune-music-sucks

Lmao! All I wanted to do was make the google dropdown say chiptune (sucks) and i found a very fun one sided read.

Hope he doesn't get signed up for a ton of emails.

"If you ever wanted to know what kind of musician puts forth the most effort and gets the least results, the chiptune musician is it"

Some truth to this

"Chiptune music started as an underground thing and stayed there, thankfully"

Blatantly false

"Hopefully anyone who does chiptune music now will eventually grow out of that crap and get a real synthesizer for a change"

The whole thing is satire, right?

Feryl wrote:

"Chiptune music started as an underground thing and stayed there, thankfully"

Blatantly false

How so?

Arc-Demon wrote:
Feryl wrote:

"Chiptune music started as an underground thing and stayed there, thankfully"

Blatantly false

How so?

Ke$ha and Crystal Castles brought the sound to mainstream attention for a while

I had a flick through the 8bp website and ended up downloading about 5 albums that sounded exactly the same (with the exception of Anamanaguchi who sound like an 8-bit Dragonforce).

Jellica wrote:

I had a flick through the 8bp website and ended up downloading about 5 albums that sounded exactly the same (with the exception of Anamanaguchi who sound like an 8-bit Dragonforce).

... like tears in rain ... time to die.

You guys fall for it every time

herr_prof wrote:

You guys fall for it every time