Heyy, I’ve got a Subzero mini mixer, and I’m running LSDJ off my gameboy colour! I bought a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch jack cable to conect the two, but the sound coming from the mixer is really quiet and has a lot of background noise that isn’t there when I plug headphones directly into the gameboy! I tried the same cable with my little bits synth kit and that worked fine! Is there anything I’m missing?
Thanks! x

Sea of Souls

Is your mixer's input MONO only? Is the Little Bits a monosynth?

Orgia Mode wrote:

Is your mixer's input MONO only? Is the Little Bits a monosynth?

I’m not sure to be honest, I’m pretty new to most of this! But I can’t see anything in either specs tgat say they are mono!

Hey so not sure if there's a particular reason why the gameboy is quiet, but I primarily work with colors, and they seem to just be really quiet unless you have something to amp them up, as for the noise they are also notorious for background noise out of the headphone port, good news is look up the noise reduction mod for gameboy color and there's a guide to install one easy capacitor that makes the noise almost nonexistent, did it on mine and it's a godsend

Bratislava, Slovakia

Output from gameboy is stereo, i bought Roland cables from 3,5 mm stereo jack to two mono l/r big jacks to my Mackie mixer (1202vlz4) and signal is pretty clean even without prosound mod of gameboys. They are not cheap but i highly recommend these roland cables, they are rock solid well made. If signal is quiet then i think cables are not properly grounded. I also use them to connect for example notebook or teenage engineering pockets to mixer in my case.

These wink
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … le-10-foot

Last edited by martin_demsky (Apr 4, 2019 10:15 pm)