London, UK

I just got one for free... Beyond getting a gameboy player and using it is as a big midi controlled gameboy advance, is there anything good to do with it? Mods? Music games? Googling suggests maybe not...

NUMBSKULL

just play pikmen and call it a day

Melbourne

just play super monkey ball 2 and call it a day

London, UK

Ha ha, fair enough. I guess I can use it as a dvd player. They still have dvds right?

London, UK

ha, wait it doesn't even play DVDs?

Melbourne

super monkey ball 2 is legit amazing though, worth it even for the soundtrack alone

I never played pikmin but it also looks pretty great

Boston

Replace the dvd with sd https://www.gc-loader.com/

After the SNES, he GameCube was my second console. I have fond memories of that thing. I love super mario sunshine review. melee, I love Pokémon Channel… but I have to say that after the few times I rented them Pokemon Collosseum and XD, they would have to be my favourites. A close runner up would be Sonic Adventure DX and 2.

France Eure Et Loire

I use gamecube + gameboy player with arduinoboy Lite. For me it's the gamecube which control other hardware with midi. But the reverse should work great, i have gba midi synth I can test it with it (never tested yet)

I also never found mods for it but the sound is great, I replaced the yellow red white gamecube cable with a new that and after that it was better I had problems with my old one coming from childhood.

I use lsdj arduinoboy v6, on newest I can't save from project screen. The creator of lsdj said about that that it has to come from my gamecube but I don't know other people who tested it with other gamecube for be sure

Last edited by MazHoot (Apr 4, 2021 4:40 pm)