Philadelphia

Hey all, first time poster here, long time chip-tunes musician!

I released three albums awhile back (8-Bit Jesus, After These Messages & Shamroctoroc) and have been composing/arranging for fun in recent years, but decided to share some work I've done this past year, starting with a collection of Death Cab For Cutie covers I created using my NES and MidiNES.

https://soundcloud.com/doctoroctoroc/se … -for-katie

I started a few of the tracks back in 2011 but wasn't satisfied with the arrangements as my ability to manipulate the parameters were still pretty young. But after doing many, many compositions and arrangements since then, I've developed a few techniques that I think gave them a better sound.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the tracks.

I'm also finishing work on a full cover of Neutral Milk Hotel's "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" album that should be popping up in the near future after I get some quality feedback from friends!

Last edited by Doctor Octoroc (Jan 18, 2019 3:46 am)

Just listened to the three tracks from plans, and they're really cool! Loved your version of What Sarah Said! I liked the 8 Bit Jesus stuff too!

Philadelphia
NauseaWave wrote:

Just listened to the three tracks from plans, and they're really cool! Loved your version of What Sarah Said! I liked the 8 Bit Jesus stuff too!

Thanks! Regrettably, I had not yet received MidiNES when I finished the 8-Bit Jesus album so it was made using Tweakbench plug-ins (Triforce, Peach and Toad), but they did such a great job with them and I still made sure to adhere to the limitations of the system. I've actually been wanting to redo all of the tracks with the proper hardware but new projects are always keeping me busy and considering I still have half of the press of digipacks I ordered when it released, I don't need to give people less of a reason to buy the original album haha.

Crooked Teeth is my personal favorite and funny enough, The Photo Album used to be my favorite but after working on these tracks for so long and listening to the albums so much, Plans may be in that top spot now. What Sarah Said is such a powerful song (even in lo-fi I tear up a little in the second verse because I know the lyrics).