Hey guys, LSDJ troubleshooting question here, trying to get some ancient .Sav files off a 64 mb usb smartcard onto my mac (sadface), got a bunch of (afaik) unreleased Koolskull sav files amongst my own original material that I want to preserve/back up before the cart inevitably dies, cartridge is over 9 years old and I cant imagine it has all that much time left. Going out of the country in a few weeks and was hoping to preemptively back the sav up so I dont risk losing someone elses hard work while I'm nonstop LSDJ'ing for a month on some trash-coated mesoamerican beach.

I'm running the cart off a gameboy light (not sure if that matters) on LSDJ 4.0.5. After some struggling I managed to download some copies of the banks' sav files using both "EMS-QART" and the program "GB USB 64M Cart". The funky part is that most of the song titles are corrupted, along with a smattering of instruments/tables in the most recently edited/loaded track. The many other projects not initially loaded are totally destroyed, missing vast sections of instrument data or with totally incorrect instrument programming. Of course this anomaly is only present on the Savs' I've transferred onto my mac, on the hardware end everything is preserved and fully intact as it was originally written/programmed. I've used two different emulators to narrow down that the emulation side wasnt causing the issue (visualboy advance and KiGB, both running LSDJ 4.0.5) and both emulators yield identical results. The same thing goes for EMS-QART and the "GB USB 64M Cart" program, both of them export the sav files in the exact same, partially corrupted fashion. Hoping you guys might have some idea of what else could be causing the problem, of course I'd be happy to supply any information/photos/whatever that might help narrow the issue down. I haven't attempted transferring .savs' to and from a cart since like 2011 using some cow-spotted DELL/WIN XP abomination so I figure there might be some obvious oversight I'm making. Thanks guys!

STARDRAIN, CA

Basically, this gameboy cartridge needs to be thrown into the ocean so nobody can find it. Get another one and end your pursuit to save these old songs.

Kool Skull wrote:

Basically, this gameboy cartridge needs to be thrown into the ocean so nobody can find it. Get another one and end your pursuit to save these old songs.

No way Jose! After all the insightful feedback I've decided to ship the cart over to Shitbird for some PC/Microsoft TLC, if he can get the files off then I'll just try to reflash it with a newer/better working version, assuming it isn't all just Macintosh-related retardation. Even if I didn't care about preserving your work I'd want it functioning for my own devices.

Kool Skull wrote:

Also there are no oceans in Nevada.