Philadelphia

I just finished a chiptune album covering the entirety of Neutral Milk Hotel's "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" and am putting together a Kickstarter to launch at the end of February for the the release - I'll be pressing the album to vinyl and I've created a ton of cool artwork for it! Here's the title track along with some mockups of the vinyl package.

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea (NES Arrangement)

This is the standard vinyl package (pending upgrades depending on stretch goals).

And this is the 'special edition' which will include the vinyl press, of course, plus an 18x24" poster, additional album downloads, a physical copy of my previously released "8-Bit Jesus" album and four pixel art prints based on the album theme!

They look better on a white background, but you get the idea...

Last edited by Doctor Octoroc (Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm)

Sea of Souls

Good stuff. Really wish it weren't instrumental tho.

Philadelphia
Orgia Mode wrote:

Good stuff. Really wish it weren't instrumental tho.

There are few people in this world capable of capturing the quality of Jeff Mangum's voice - I am not one of them, haha. I did a lot of manual volume and pitch changes on the lead to capture the feel though!

Last edited by Doctor Octoroc (Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm)

Dallas, Texas

Do want! ^_^

Philadelphia

Here's a mockup showing a better look at the vinyl:

Sea of Souls

Wow! Jusz listened to the track and I gotta say, I am deeply impressed. Good stuff!

Philadelphia
Dark_Bit_ wrote:

Wow! Jusz listened to the track and I gotta say, I am deeply impressed. Good stuff!

Thanks! I've been working on the album since last summer, it better be at least half decent, haha!

Philadelphia

I commissioned a lathe cut vinyl to 'preview' the album and they sent me a photo of the record in clear vinyl (I requested this because it's one of the campaign stretch goals, although I designed an alternate label in a darker color scheme which will look better) and I'm in love.

Quick note: the print job is amateur and nothing like the final product will be. This guy makes great sounding records but is not a graphics guy (by his own admission)!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!