Joliette, QC, Canada

Hello cm people,
I saw something really cool on my facebook feed and I needed to post it here !
Checkpoint group (known for their Second Reality stock ST remake and Thunderdome demos) just released a brand new demotool on the good old Atari ST !
Say hi to CHECKTRAKK, a YM2149 tracker with SID and SyncBuzzer support !

Here is a little video with a Rob Hubbard song:

Download the program and the readme on this website:
https://nolimitstechnologies.net/checkp … hecktrakk/
You can also get it on Pouet :
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=78349

Have fun guys and Stay Atari ! /|\

Solar System

Niiceee!

hi
some other new music on the STE

Last edited by fedepede04 (Feb 19, 2019 8:18 am)

i have also been playing around with my old Atari St Editor giving it a complete overhaul...

Nomad's Land

Aye fedepede04, that looks very promising! Very good use of vertical space in the pattern editor. And Project Ymer compatibility is great news, too. Does that mean that The Blue Editor will support 300 Hz updates as well?

Also thanks for sharing the news about Turbochip. Didn't know this project before, sounds awesome! With this, Checktrakk, and eventually your new-old editor, I guess I have no choice but to come back to ST music making at some point.

irrlichtproject wrote:

Aye fedepede04, that looks very promising! Very good use of vertical space in the pattern editor. And Project Ymer compatibility is great news, too. Does that mean that The Blue Editor will support 300 Hz updates as well?

Also thanks for sharing the news about Turbochip. Didn't know this project before, sounds awesome! With this, Checktrakk, and eventually your new-old editor, I guess I have no choice but to come back to ST music making at some point.

Many thanks, right now you can only load the ymer score files, you have to redo all the sounds, 2 very different sound engine, it will be more lofi then ymer. Right now it only support 250hz sound, when I made ymer it was also the intention to let it support up to 250hz max,  so you can say that the 300hz mode was an error. But I will add from 50-300hz later on. I have also add space to the left for STE DMA drums. But I not sure if it will be implemented. But there is a really long way before one can use it. Still missing all the mark functions, copy insert delete..
but I will sure have you in mind when it's more finish. And I send you a copy of the program

Last edited by fedepede04 (Feb 20, 2019 11:08 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

Holy damn Peter, it is so awesome that you continue your work on your editor for ST ! Any plan for release so I can finally try it after drolling on that video of yours I saw nearly 10 years ago ?!
The other tracker looks neat ! Do you know how they managed to cram that much channels on the YM2149+DMA ?
Oh btw I highly suggest you to make your own thread for your tracker updates. It will be easier for us to see your updates on this beast and this thread was made to announce the release of Checktrakk tracker ! smile

XyNo wrote:

Holy damn Peter, it is so awesome that you continue your work on your editor for ST ! Any plan for release so I can finally try it after drolling on that video of yours I saw nearly 10 years ago ?!
The other tracker looks neat ! Do you know how they managed to cram that much channels on the YM2149+DMA ?
Oh btw I highly suggest you to make your own thread for your tracker updates. It will be easier for us to see your updates on this beast and this thread was made to announce the release of Checktrakk tracker ! smile

Thx XyNo.
and sorry for hijack this thread.

yes he is using both ym2149 and the dma, 3 ym channal, 3 dma, and 1 dma drums.

my player is just a side project that i work on just for fun, but if it get finish, i do think i will release it, but there is still a very long way to go.
it is much broader work than I expected, it is more or less a complete rework of the program. 
and this time i need to be done right smile
so therefor i think, that i will wait before i do a new thread to its more complete big_smile

Last edited by fedepede04 (Feb 21, 2019 8:31 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada
fedepede04 wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Thx XyNo.
and sorry for hijack this thread.

yes he is using both ym2149 and the dma, 3 ym channal, 3 dma, and 1 dma drums.

my player is just a side project that i work on just for fun, but if it get finish, i do think i will release it, but there is still a very long way to go.
it is much broader work than I expected, it is more or less a complete rework of the program. 
and this time i need to be done right smile
so therefor i think, that i will wait before i do a new thread to its more complete big_smile

4 DMA tracks !!! This is mindblowing ! yikes
Can't wait to have more know from you my friend !
Keep it /|\

Hi XyNo and many thx for your fine words big_smile
it is turbo sound that can play 4 samples and 3 ym sound.

if i add dma drums it will be like in project ymer, two sample drums, no pitch and volume control.
like this example, Video starts at around 18 sec into the video.

or this one (Enduro Racer) not David Whitakers version but heavily inspired by him
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m25ozsvcmcsy … 1.wav?dl=0

Last edited by fedepede04 (Feb 21, 2019 10:25 am)