Westfield, NJ

Hello everyone, I just heard about MySpace losing a ton of songs from the early years due to a failed server migration and I remembered that there was one chiptune that was only on MySpace that I really liked and now I'm trying to track it down. It was from an Indonesian artist that I think passed away not long after uploading the track and JDDJ3J did a remix of it but it never got a formal release. Does anyone recall this song?

p.s. I tried tracking down all of JDDJ3J's remixes this morning but this one isn't coming up in any of my searches.

Last edited by Decktonic (Mar 18, 2019 2:29 pm)

Have you tried to search for indonesian artists only? Maybe you'll remember then name, once you stumble upon it.

Also, you might wanna give a little more information? Like, what kind of style was the song (happy, sad, techno, bluesy/jazzy), what sounds where used (SID or Ricoh, etc.). That might help to track it down.

Westfield, NJ

I did try searching for Indonesian artists but his only presence as far as I can tell was on MySpace and that other 8bit music site that died off, both profiles are probably gone now. I think anyone who is familiar with JDDJ3J's discography would remember it, he's only done so many remixes. But if it helps, the original and remix were both a four on the floor techno style with a nice chord progression.

Westfield, NJ

OH HEY I FOUND IT!

http://pixelpirate.fr/8bcdump/Decoupage(remix).mp3

Literally was just scrolling down the page because I couldn't find JDDJ3J's artist name with CTRL-F but then I search my old artist name and this was alphabetically almost right after. KISMET.

Now I just need to track down the artist name. This is legit one of my favorite chiptune tracks. Glad it was preserved somewhere!

Brooklyn NY US

I think the artist's stage name was Godard.

Brooklyn NY US

The track's still available for download on micromusic.net (although the uploader's name there is "Jar-Wo" -- pretty sure it's the same person though).

The same track's also up for streaming on a Godard Reverbnation page: https://www.reverbnation.com/godard