Unsubscribe

https://github.com/tommitytom/RetroPlug

A VST wrapper around the SameBoy GameBoy emulator, with Arduinoboy support

Tokyo

So far it seems to work in FL Studio 20, Ableton Live 9, and Cubase fairly well, I really love this project, my only problem is that the vst wouldn't sync to the DAW, I don't have an Arduinoboy so I currently cant test that support, but when I get one, hopefully I wont have any problems
Great work so far, keep it up!

London, UK

great stuff, looking forward to giving this a try!

Unsubscribe
hatebyte wrote:

So far it seems to work in FL Studio 20, Ableton Live 9, and Cubase fairly well, I really love this project, my only problem is that the vst wouldn't sync to the DAW, I don't have an Arduinoboy so I currently cant test that support, but when I get one, hopefully I wont have any problems
Great work so far, keep it up!

You dont need a arduinoboy to use this, just a compatible rom.

Indianapolis, IN

@hatebyte to sync it you need to right-click on the VST window and choose the sync mode, then set that sync mode in LSDJ. it should sync to the daw then

Abandoned on Fire

Dear god, is it actually happening? yikes

Indianapolis, IN

it should be noted, sameboy has issues with LSDJ sample playback, but that being said, if you're in a daw it probably doesn't matter that much

Unsubscribe

^ You can follow the status of that issue here, https://github.com/tommitytom/RetroPlug/issues/1

Milwaukee, WI

I feel like this is something I've been wanting for years, but when I stop and think about it, what is the actual benefit opposed to just syncing a DMG to a DAW? A high res display? Am I old?

Geneva, NY
TSC wrote:

I feel like this is something I've been wanting for years, but when I stop and think about it, what is the actual benefit opposed to just syncing a DMG to a DAW? A high res display? Am I old?

I don't have to bring a DMG to gigs, I run my whole set in the box as it is so I don't have to use another mixer channel, I don't have to try to buy my Arduinoboy back from nullmang...

Unsubscribe

Midi sync 64 copies of lsdj.

Seattle, WA

This seems like witchcraft...

Abandoned on Fire

I'm running this successfully in Live but have a few issues. I just loaded the vst from the download. The section about "SameBoy has to be built using msys2 (mingw) on Windows" is confusing me, is that something I should be doing?

Indianapolis, IN
egr wrote:

"SameBoy has to be built using msys2 (mingw) on Windows" is confusing me, is that something I should be doing?

nope only if you want to build it from source!

fyi there was an issue about sameboy not playing samples correctly, it's fixed in retroplug v0.4

Abandoned on Fire
defensem3ch wrote:
egr wrote:

"SameBoy has to be built using msys2 (mingw) on Windows" is confusing me, is that something I should be doing?

nope only if you want to build it from source!

fyi there was an issue about sameboy not playing samples correctly, it's fixed in retroplug v0.4

I'm finding that changing my audio buffer size changes the RetroPlug play speed in a way unrelated to Live's bpm... does that make sense at all?

Last edited by egr (May 27, 2019 4:43 pm)

rochester, ny

eagerly awaiting a mac version!