Kansas City, MO

To the great community of Chipmusic,

This probably seems like a lame topic and might get deleted, but I just really wanted to share my deep appreciation to this site and everyone on it. Feel free to comment or add your own personal message here.

First off, I want to thank everyone here for listening and sharing praise, but also to keep me going. I started posting here during a very rough time in my life, and after searching around, I stumbled across this little site for posting chiptunes and such. I listened to several posts, sent a few tracks of my own, and kinda forgot about it. I didn't expect much after that. Later I started getting emails about comments on my tracks and even private messages, all of them very positive and uplifting. Listening to others' tracks and even the constructive criticism I've gotten was super enlightening and I've improved myself in LSDJ far more than I ever would have alone. I don't ever want to stop making chiptunes. Be it talent or nostalgia or genuine desire of a niche connection like this, I want to keep making chiptunes for as long as I live, and a lot of it is thanks to all of you here. So from the deepest of my nerdy gamer girl heart, thank you all so much. I doubt I'd be a well-known composer any time soon, but all that matters to me now is that I have my drive for music, and my supportive group that keeps pushing me to post here. You all are wonderful and have been so kind, and I love to do the same whenever I can.

That's all I really wanted to say. I don't have any bad news to report, or any request of support (I have been unemployed for over a month now, but that'll end on the 22nd!), but I guess, in terms of support, I ask that you keep listening and enjoying all this amazing art everyone has created here with me.

Thank you so much, and I'm excited for what we all come up with next!

~ Coco

Brittany

Yeah it's pretty cool and supportive community. And I wish you good luck with your new job!

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:46 pm)

.FILTHadelphia

"I just really wanted to share my deep appreciation to this site and everyone on it"

Seems dead around here. Glad chiptune is helping you though.

oklahoma

That means It's COOL again! 
Chiptunes are always going to be the thing that is new and excitingfor someone. It's a cool idea.
I'm glad this place exists. The people are quite helpful. I cant imagine what it would be like to try to figure this out by yourself.
Rock on.

Kansas City, MO
Feryl wrote:

apparently, I *have* heard at least one song of yours before Coco, because I just saw an old comment on mine on your track "And I Saw a Light." smile

I've recognized your comments on quite a few of my tracks, I'm really glad you like them ^-^

Joliette, QC, Canada

Didn't have the time these days (I am living my first vacancy in like 3 years of work this week) to check and to listen who's rocking the scene nowadays but I totally love how old and new sceners totally push the boundaries of hardware and software to create stuff that we all thought was "impossible to do" 5-10 years ago !
From MIDINES to Deflemask mobile with backlight gameboys and usb carts in between, I always was mindblown'd by the tricks and ideas some of us have in their sleeves !
The only thing I missed are the netlabels. Yeah I know bandcamp made things easier to share our music to people but it is harder at the same times. It's like if it was more a "chacun pour soi" thing than a community that these labels were doing back in the days...but hey who am I to talkshit ? I'm just an old fart lol
I experienced a loooong writer's block for some years but I finally have the ideas and some tracks to finally released something new after nearly 4 years ! smile
I got hooked for the sounds, stayed for the techniques ! smile
Chipmusic gets all my love, keep on chippin' peeps ! smile

Last edited by XyNo (Jul 26, 2019 9:18 pm)

XyNo good to see you still around

Chipmusic has been a big part of my life and I'm glad this community is still a thing

Joliette, QC, Canada
.exe wrote:

XyNo good to see you still around

Chipmusic has been a big part of my life and I'm glad this community is still a thing

Oh SHiiiiiiii .exe !!!
I'm really surprised and happy to see you're still into it my man ! smile

Yeah I'm not very active but I have been working on some new stuff for the past couple of years and saving it for a big release smile

Come to Kitchener again sometime

Brittany
.exe wrote:

I agree. I mostly have been a lurker here but this community is quite important for me.

Gala wrote:

I agree. I mostly have been a lurker here but this community is quite important for me.

Same with me. I'm extremely grateful for the community and have learned a lot by lurking and researching the amazing things everyone shares on here. I've been working on some publications that point music educators toward the kinds of practices discussed in this forum in an attempt to expand the music making and learning offerings in K-12 contexts.

IL, US

if XyNo is an old fart, i worry what that makes some of us...
it's nice to hear when the site or community has been helpful to others, it's sure helped me a lot over the past 15 or so years, many of my closest friends are people i met through chip music

Liverpool, UK

Hell yeah, chipune fucken slaps tho

wait wasn't chiptune dead!?

Tacoma WA

i thought we killed it?