Offline
Chips & Dip :3

Hey all!

I have a Playstation Vita and I was wondering how I could run LGPT on it?

I know the PS Vita can run PSP apps that are downloaded, and I can access the files via the utility for Mac/PC so putting it in isn't the problem.

I just need to know how it would be installed like what file directory it goes into and those sorts of things.

Thanks!
-Sam

Offline
Abandoned On Fire

Google "homebrew psp vita" and you'll find lots of info.

Offline
Chips & Dip :3
egr wrote:

Google "homebrew psp vita" and you'll find lots of info.

Found a few mods for vita and I'll hunt around for how to get them installed etc...

Also, how would I get the system hooked up to an arduino to time it with the 2 gameboys I'll be using?

I have a USB boy and a 3-way link cable at the moment but I don't know how I'd factor in the vita :\

Offline
Abandoned On Fire

No easy wat to do that. You could look into using one side of the vita's stereo out to do tape sync (pulse sync) but you'd need to build a device to translate it into something the arduinoboy could use. And you lose half your piggy output so probably not worth it.

Offline
Chips & Dip :3
egr wrote:

No easy wat to do that. You could look into using one side of the vita's stereo out to do tape sync (pulse sync) but you'd need to build a device to translate it into something the arduinoboy could use. And you lose half your piggy output so probably not worth it.

hmm, kinda defeats the purpose for what I was gonna use it for tongue

Any way to sync it with mac or windows?

Offline
Abandoned On Fire
metatronaut wrote:
egr wrote:

No easy wat to do that. You could look into using one side of the vita's stereo out to do tape sync (pulse sync) but you'd need to build a device to translate it into something the arduinoboy could use. And you lose half your piggy output so probably not worth it.

hmm, kinda defeats the purpose for what I was gonna use it for tongue

Any way to sync it with mac or windows?

Same deal. There's no easy sync for any psp like there is for Gameboys and gp2x.

Offline
Chips & Dip :3
egr wrote:
metatronaut wrote:

hmm, kinda defeats the purpose for what I was gonna use it for tongue

Any way to sync it with mac or windows?

Same deal. There's no easy sync for any psp like there is for Gameboys and gp2x.

That kinda sucks.

I may just end up using Logic Pro with a bitcrusher with samples :\

Offline
IL, US

you could get a raspberry pi for piggy, midi works fine with one...syncing with the game boys would be no problem

Offline
Chips & Dip :3
e.s.c. wrote:

you could get a raspberry pi for piggy, midi works fine with one...syncing with the game boys would be no problem

I totally forgot those things existed! I think I'll do that.

Offline
Chips & Dip :3
e.s.c. wrote:

you could get a raspberry pi for piggy, midi works fine with one...syncing with the game boys would be no problem

Would I be able to hook up my USB-boy to it? To my understanding, LGPT sends off midi data by default so it should work...

Offline
Joliette, QC, Canada

Reviving this old thread to say that once you hack your vita it is really simple...Adrenaline 6.61 is a software that gives you a full pledge PSP in your vita and it is easy to install ! My vita is now my main piggy device !

Offline
Geneva, NY

Sick! That's great to hear! Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap Vita!

Offline
Joliette, QC, Canada
BLEO wrote:

Sick! That's great to hear! Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap Vita!

Hell yeah and PS Shell finally found the way to transfer files with the USB cable instead of wifi/ftp I think I would have rage if I had to transfer something like 5gb of samples via wifi lol !

Offline
Geneva, NY
XyNo wrote:
BLEO wrote:

Sick! That's great to hear! Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap Vita!

Hell yeah and PS Shell finally found the way to transfer files with the USB cable instead of wifi/ftp I think I would have rage if I had to transfer something like 5gb of samples via wifi lol !

Yeah but after the initial setup, if you could wifi sync all your dats.... tasty!