I remember watching Inverse Phase actually tracking at animalstyle's house once using MilkyTracker on Android.

My mind was blown. Dude is brave.

But to be on topic, VividTracker looks like it owns. At the very least for enjoying watching some MOD playback!

Earth
XyNo wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Android port of Milkytracker and "decent" should not be together in the same sentence. Unless you have a usb dongle to connect a keyboard and mouse to it. tongue

good point, I use it with my usb keyboard and mouse on an OTG usb cable on it...the tablet version is kinda cool !

Well yeah, there's a bunch of open source stuff on Android. As far as brand new, quality music software, it seems to be lacking on Android. As far as I know. It seems like Android users are always saying that anyway.

I agree though ios needs more trackers.

Last edited by breakphase (Mar 4, 2014 11:49 pm)

killadelphia

was looking at a lot of old 4mat Protracker modules w/ vivid tracker.  time to start hitting the Amiga!

animalstyle wrote:

was looking at a lot of old 4mat Protracker modules w/ vivid tracker.  time to start hitting the Amiga!

same, but also with ctrix mods!

Joliette, QC, Canada
an0va wrote:
animalstyle wrote:

same, but also with ctrix mods!

same but with Substance & Ashley mods !!!
Really cool Jungle/DnB/Breakbeat stuffs !
http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?detai … view=11195

Sweden

Hello VividTracker users. I just want to let you know that version 1.2 is now on App Store. Version 1.2 brings better bluetooth keyboard support (most of the Protracker shortcuts are there, albeit not always with the same keys), and better Protracker mod compatibility (mods like black_queen.mod finally work).

I can also give you a little hint on what's coming for version 1.3: AutoChord Keyboard. As you may know, AutoChord is a feature already introduced in v1.0, which allows you to auto transpose a track to another track from e.g. C-major to A-minor (using the effect command 8, which is not used in Protracker). The idea with AutoChord keyboard is that you choose a scale (for instance the pentatonic scale) and the keyboard will then adjust to only show keys from that scale given the last played AutoChord. Thus, say that the last played chord was A-minor. The keyboard will then only show notes from the A-minor pentatonic scale (A, C, D, E, G). If you later down the pattern play the chord F-major instead, the keyboard will change to the F-major pentatonic scale (D, E, F#, A, B). This makes it easy to build patterns that are in harmony with the currently played AutoChord.

Bratislava, Slovakia

I purchased this VividTracker and i like it, it is a very long time i left Amiga scene (1998), but i composed in Protracker 2.3 maybe 100 mods including some videogame music, but loading samples only from mods is a little bit bad idea, because i have huge library of amiga iff/svx samples so i have to prepare modules to load samples from?

BTW, graphic design on this one should be really better, or some customization of pallette of colours, even PT 2.3 looks more profi smile At my time with A1200 was maybe topnotch system-UI in OctaMED 5, one funny thing is that if you play sample, and change in sample editor loop range, in this VividTracker it is same as in PT2.3, it is changing loop in realtime, but in that OctaMED it was not updating, so i have had to play again and again that note until loop was perfect, and after 25 years even in PC MED Soundstudio it is still same, loop is not updating in realtime, maybe for compatibility smile

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 24, 2019 7:32 pm)