Bucks County, PA

Heyo!  Anyone ever catch one of these before?  I found it at a flee-market and picked it up thinking it was a regular cassette recorder.

It's got some funky adapters off the side-- this unit is missing the cord that would join that Atari 2600(?)

It does seem to play regular tapes!  Some noise though-- I suspect it needs a cleaning.

Anywho, is this worth anything to anyone?  Are these rare?  I had no idea they existed lol.  I'm likely gonna toss it on ebay, unless someone here can use it.

Cheers!

Sea of Souls

Never seen one, so maybe its rare, but of course it plays tapes. Thats the point of it after all. Computers of the age used cassette decks as I/O so its probably compatible with a lot of them from that age. My Apple II for example uses a 3.5mm jack for audio in and out.
Now-a-days you can use a simple PC program and an audio card to emulate these. SO I think you're better off selling it on ebay as a collector's item.

Unsubscribe

they arent worth much! It's basically a way to turn your game system into a teddy ruxpkin

Unsubscribe

they arent worth much! It's basically a way to turn your game system into a teddy ruxpkin

This was an answer to the Atari 2600's inability to play "voice files"... this was connected to the second joystick port of the Atart 2600 using a special interface cable, and played tapes for 2 specific games ... "Smurf's save the day" (which came with the module) and "Bernstein Bears" (sold seperatly) - these were the only two games ever released for use with this system.

The player would insert a special audio tape in the cassette deck, connect the cable to the jacks on the lower left (the jack used both the microphone and speaker jack - but left the headphone jack open, read on as to why) - then press play - noting the cassette player would not move until the Atari VCS was turned on and the correct game cartridge was inserted....

The tapes were "Stereo" Tapes - but used the left channel for audio signals to the Atari, and the right channel to play the recorded audio out the mono speaker...

If you are wanting to get rid of this one, I am happy chat about an offer. (if you still have it of course)

This was an answer to the Atari 2600's inability to play "voice files"... this was connected to the second joystick port of the Atart 2600 using a special interface cable, and played tapes for 2 specific games ... "Smurf's save the day" (which came with the module) and "Bernstein Bears" (sold seperatly) - these were the only two games ever released for use with this system.

The player would insert a special audio tape in the cassette deck, connect the cable to the jacks on the lower left (the jack used both the microphone and speaker jack - but left the headphone jack open, read on as to why) - then press play - noting the cassette player would not move until the Atari VCS was turned on and the correct game cartridge was inserted....

The tapes were "Stereo" Tapes - but used the left channel for audio signals to the Atari, and the right channel to play the recorded audio out the mono speaker...

If you are wanting to get rid of this one, I am happy chat about an offer. (if you still have it of course)