Glasgow, Scotland.

Hey frandz. Long time.

I just got a new GBC which has one of those sexy backlit screens in it, to upgrade my old DIY GBA frontlit thing... and I've realised that none of my usual USB to DMG power cables fit... and I can't find a cheap alternative in the EU.

Does anybody have a source they can show me the way to?

Merci!

Abandoned on Fire

Bennvenn has them: https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products … ower-cable

Glasgow, Scotland.

Nice one. Are the Game Boy Pocket and GBC the same connector etc then? Didn't realise. That helps. Thanks! Will see if I can find an EU/UK shop.

Abandoned on Fire
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

Are the Game Boy Pocket and GBC the same connector etc then?

I hadn't thought about it but evidently they are.

Glasgow, Scotland.
egr wrote:
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

Are the Game Boy Pocket and GBC the same connector etc then?

I hadn't thought about it but evidently they are.

Noice. The 24USD shipping for BennVenn means it's not economical. I'll have a look about!

Sea of Souls

Make your own. Looks like you can get cheap USB DIY receptacles like this:
https://www.hawkusa.com/manufacturers/p … pwQAvD_BwE

and then salvage the cable from a used GBC/MGB charger.
Try to use a wall charger rather than a computer port to charge it though. Computers will introduce noise.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Had a look about. Apparently the cable is just a standard USB to 2.5mm DC setup - which is easy to find for dirt cheap on eBay etc (around £1.29 posted). The problem is that most run at 5v, and the GBC runs at 3v, so the voltage is a bit higher. However, BennVenn's site says:

Note: GBC and MGB originally operate of 3volts though the flyback converter design of the internal power supply will operate up to 5.6volts safely. It will operate at a lower current and run cooler when operating off higher voltages.

I found that JellyBelly Customs has a 3.3v version they got made specially for £5 + £2.50 postage.

I've ended up getting one of the 5v cables and one of the JellyBelly cables and will see if I notice any difference. If I had discovered the 5v cheapo cables before ordering the JB one I'd probably just have chanced my arm with that, given the cheaper price.