Seattle WA

Hey everyone, a while ago I picked up an Alesis midiverb ii at a local thrift store, and I can’t seem to get it to work properly. It’s mix knob seems to be creating a lot of noise, and I read somewhere that this might be because I’m plug in the guitar directly into the alesis instead of using a preamp to get the gain lower, therefore less noise. Ive read a lot of stuff from different places but I can’t seem to get it to work I haven’t tried using a preamp yet but when I plug the guitar in, the green signal LED doesn’t want to turn on no matter how high I turn the input knob up. I can get sound to come through to my amp but none of the effects ever work and it just seems to work like a crappy amplifier.

This thing cost me around two dollars and I know how valuable it is so I’d really like to get it working
Any help is much appreciated thanks!

Try plugging something else in, like your laptop, just to verify that the effect actually works. The output signal of guitars is very low indeed.

Seattle WA

... I have low expectations for that, but most anything’s worth a shot... I’ll try it

Unsubscribe

you might need to stick a di box in front of it, or better yet stick it in the effects loop of an amp.

Seattle WA

Yeah... I plugged the output of my laptops preamp into it, and the alesis into the amp... and it made clicking noises and the computer crashed and had to reboot...

Also I don’t have a di box or an amo with an effects loop, so...

Unsubscribe

time to save up! Its not meant for direct guitar connections! You might try a line level device like your laptop and listening to the headphone outs on the alesis to make sure it works.

Seattle WA

In that case I might just let it sit for another while

Thanks everyone!