I recently picked up an Arduinoboy pro and a GBC and I'm trying to just test the basic setup with mGB, but I'm running into an issue where the GBC will not start up with the link cable and Arduinoboy hooked up. It just hangs there and doesn't even show the Gameboy logo. The Arduinoboy is on the mGB setting. If I don't connect the link cable, the mGB rom seems to load correctly. The Arduinoboy is brand new and preassembled, and I'm using the link cable that came with it.
Any ideas what I might be missing here? Is the GBC maybe no good?

NUMBSKULL

Hey! Feel free to email [email protected] for help here, I hate to muddy up a public space with my product support!

That said, can you try it with the link cable plugged in to the GBC but not the arduinoboy? Possible the link cable is defective. I've seen this issue when the link cable draws too much power and causes the gameboy to brownout, but the arduinoboy pro shouldn't draw any power from the gameboy!

Oh okay, for sure.

With the link cable attached only to the GBC it loads up the mGB rom with no issues.

NUMBSKULL

Huh, interesting. Since the link cable can be plugged in either way, it's possible you have the link cable plugged in the wrong way on the arduinoboy. Have you tried flipping it around? It won't damage anything. If that doesn't work, I'll just send out a replacement unit to you!

Unsubscribe

is the gbc modded? I noticed some modders take power off the link port for the backlight which causes problems when you actually want to use it for stuff

Nope, just a regular GBC as far as I know.

I tried flipping the link cable and I still get the same result. I'll follow up through email, thanks for all your help.