So about 2 years ago Martin Kraham, the guy behind the infamous tv death squad was arrested. I found a post here about him as i was searching for all the news stories. i joined and thanked this community for the response you all had. (http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/15047 … thank-you/)

Anyways, i wanted to share an update with you all. i couldn't remember the password or email address for the account i made 2 years ago, So i had to make a new account.

The whole experience was super fucked. the system sucks and is retraumatizing. i don't think he got enough time. i don't think anyone really advocates for victims within the justice system but it's over. but man, honestly, from what i've learned about this man over the last 2 1/2 years, stealing other people's music and trying to spread hiv are maybe some of his more finer qualities. He's fucking scary.

http://www.news9.com/story/32308287/man … ads-guilty

http://www.koco.com/news/man-accused-of … n/40208146

Last edited by Dewaltgirl (Jun 26, 2016 7:36 am)

Sweeeeeeden

I wrote a blog post about his chiptune thievery in 2009. Later when he started to compose music on his own, he convinced me to delete the post. With this mess in mind I've decided to republish it for posterity. My initial impression of him as a complete douchebag turned out to be correct.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2009/09/19 … hief-ever/

Also with the risk of being the bearer of bad news... I got an e-mail from one of his victims in 2014, mentioning he also had a hep c infection. For anyone who had sex with him seeing this, who thought it was just the HIV, you may want to get screened for hep c as well.

IL, US

yeah, that guy is total garbage for so many reasons. it's always a shame when someone like that turns up in this scene since most of this scene is made up of exceptionally nice people, but every once in a while a shitty person turns up. though he clearly was the worst by far. i agree that he should have gotten far more jail time given that he knew what he was doing to other people and of course the number of people his actions effected. the US legal system has a long way to go when it comes to crimes of this nature and sexual assault. i think anything less than 1 yr/per victim is a total miscarriage of justice, this guy should have been in prison until he died.

that's so horrifying

im sorry this happened to you sad stay safe

Tennessee
e.s.c. wrote:

i think anything less than 1 yr/per victim is a total miscarriage of justice, this guy should have been in prison until he died.

legalize castration

nitro2k01 wrote:

Also with the risk of being the bearer of bad news... I got an e-mail from one of his victims in 2014, mentioning he also had a hep c infection. For anyone who had sex with him seeing this, who thought it was just the HIV, you may want to get screened for hep c as well.

That was probably me. Trust me, we all know about his hep C as well. It's how we know he couldn't have been on antiretrovirals the entire time. he has to teeter totter his medication, so at any given time he could transfer either hiv or hep c, which ever one he's not taking meds for at that time.

Last edited by Dewaltgirl (Jun 27, 2016 3:20 am)

Sweeeeeeden

I see. I didn't mean to imply you didn't know, and I didn't know about the medical implications of it, but it's the kind of thing that it seems like a good idea to warn about too many times rather than too few times.

From your blog:

nitro2k01 wrote:

"That’s when I start to draw conclusions about the guy. Probably a bit of a stoner. Basement dweller who lived a little too long with his parents and got a little too much for free. A guy with too much aspiration and dreams of fame, and too little inspiration and skill to match up. A guy who can afford to buy a bunch of effect and noise boxes and video game consoles but doesn’t have a clue how to use them for music, but still don’t want make a fool out of himself in front of his family, friends and fans.".

oh man, let me know tell you how right you are (except for one thing)!! in the 2 years he and i were "seeing" each other, i never once saw him not high. the part that's wrong is about his parents basement and here's why, his parents are loaded. LOADED. and has always set him up with a place to live. Until he was arrested and sued he was listed on a trust fund with his 4 older brothers (he's the baby!) worth well over a million dollars. after he was sued, they removed him from the trust. But between his parents' businesses and other properties they're worth over 30 million. Previous to this arrest he has been pulled into police stations dozens of times due to drug offenses but has never once been actually charged with anything due to both his parents money and his willingness to snitch on his friends and throw them under the bus. He's never been held accountable for anything in his life and he's always had everything handed to him. i've talked to several people who were once very close to him and think he's responsible for much worse crimes. I have zero doubt that his parents money have once again been responsible for him not getting the punishment he justly deserves. the system is totally corrupt.

TSSBAY01

good fucking grief. im sure this scumbag will appeal and be out in a year or two regardless of what happens. this legal system is a total joke. i used to know an author who lived in town here for a little while, i wasnt exactly friends with the guy, but i had a bunch of mutual friends with him. an ex of mine was seeing him for a while and the guy's books werent horrible writingwise, so out of curiosity i read one or two of em. the way he wrote and what he wrote about outlined how ill this dude was. the guy was a total narcissism driven psychopath, in fact he got his popularity by cutting his ear off and generally being a sketchball and unhinged. that guy got 15 years in jail in feb for sexually assaulting a 17 year old girl on top of aggravated stalking charges on another girl after he got '_(her name)_ is a nazi' tattooed on his neck. he has his male cat's name tattooed on the other side of his neck and i cant imagine what kind of shit he gets in jail. granted his punishment is stiffer, i still dont see that guy even doing 5 years. its fucked when its this type of person who proves how evil they are and the punishment doesnt fit the crime, as well as any sort of real rehabilitation coming into play, thats the real injustice.

Brunswick, GA USA

Meanwhile, Megaran is doing okay and as far as I know is free of STDs.

IL, US
chunter wrote:

Meanwhile, Megaran is doing okay and as far as I know is free of STDs.

and this is relevant how?

Michigan

////////////////Potential trigger warning////////////////////

I still watch this video from time to time and all these years later, it still cracks me up:

This guy was, is, and will always be a fucking loser. I am so sorry to the OP, what he did to you was inexcusable, and while I don't normally advocate violence...I would gladly beat the shit out of this guy if we ever cross paths.

NUMBSKULL

How is it even possible that people thought he was actually playing there?

Also, he should be just as ashamed of his live visuals, since that's what he claims he does.

you guys have no idea how proud he was of that before he got "caught". i didn't really pay much attention when he talked about "his" music, but this was during the peak of the time i spent with him. he showed me all of these videos and talked about how awesome and well liked in the chiptunes community he was. i had no idea about any of his drama within the community until i found out about his HIV status and went digging through the internet. at first all i had was the word of a woman i didn't know at all, his ex wife, telling me he had HIV. That verses a man i had loved and cared about for years. it was hard to just fully believe her at first. but through searching both his name and "tv death squad" i found stuff about his plagiarism and posts on an HIV positive community message board with the screen name of "tv death squad" saying like "hi, i'm marty and i'm looking for other positive people in the OKC area" or something like that along with links to his myspace and his "music".

Brunswick, GA USA
e.s.c. wrote:

and this is relevant how?

You forgot what he did!

Last edited by chunter (Jun 29, 2016 11:13 am)

https://songtr.ee/artist/155492/Marty-Kraham/stats

one has to wonder if these too were plagiarized.