Glasgow, Scotland.

Hey friends,

Anybody else using a Polyend Tracker? I got one a month or so ago, and really like it a lot. There's a few bugs with the software, including the stem export which means it still needs improvement, but overall it's far better and more inspirational than the Digitakt was (for me at least).

Initially I was a bit unimpressed with the FX available - especially the glide, as it seemed to be pretty under-powered/counter-intuitive. However, one thing I found recently was the 'Roll' effect, which lets you do crazy things which I hadn't expected. I need to spend some more time digging into it. Let me know if you have any tips or features you've been making use of that are worth checking out.

Glasgow, Scotland.

My first track with the Tracker (work in progress)

san diego

I have seen this device!  how does it compare to LSDJ as far as navigation and composing?

the screen looks quite confusing with a lot more channels! I am sure I would get used to it if I messed with it for a bit.

Glasgow, Scotland.
tenshun wrote:

I have seen this device!  how does it compare to LSDJ as far as navigation and composing?

the screen looks quite confusing with a lot more channels! I am sure I would get used to it if I messed with it for a bit.

If you can use LSDJ you'll definitely be able to pick the Tracker up really quickly, as even though there are obvious differences between them, the whole process is very similar. In many ways the Tracker is easier, as there are dedicated buttons for the pages/features, rather than having to have knowledge of where each page is and flip through them.

The one thing worth noting is that LSDJ's 'main' screen is the 'song' screen, whereas Tracker more naturally lives on the pattern screen. The song mode isn't as good as on LSDJ (it's not as well developed as the other parts).