Since there are many tech experts in this forum...

I can't getmy GenMDM to work properly on Channels 2-6.
It works just fine on channel 1 and 7-10.

Is it Ableton? (Although Logic can't get them to work neither)

Any thoughs?

Very rarely they do , but there's no way to know how I got them to work...

Here's a video that depicts the problem...

https://youtu.be/hFxGyHbUdK8

Thank you

NUMBSKULL

Try plugging the genMDM into the console AFTER the console boots. That's the most common issue I've seen.

catskull wrote:

Try plugging the genMDM into the console AFTER the console boots. That's the most common issue I've seen.

That was the answer. I had a bad habit of leaving it plugged to the console!

Thanks a lot!!

The Forest, WA

Last edited by GLOOMS (Feb 17, 2020 10:39 pm)

The Forest, WA

deleted.

Last edited by GLOOMS (Feb 17, 2020 10:39 pm)

Toronto, Canada

Confirming, same issue and resolution for me. Running a US Genesis model 2 revision VA1.8

I'm curious if this is an issue with particular MD/Genesis models? I saw a comment on little-scales youtube channel about this situation, but it doesn't seem to effect all users.

Last edited by category.zd (Jan 17, 2021 10:40 pm)

France Eure Et Loire

Oh, I didn't know about the plug after boot solution! But I always had this problem and I discover (after 1 or 2 years using (sometimes) it and think that sega genesis has only one fm channel...) that I had to select preset with cc9 and after that it works good.

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 19, 2021 2:48 pm)

Toronto, Canada

If there's enough interest, I wonder if we could campaign little-scale and/or Catskull to either develop an update to the genMDM firmware, or open source it so someone else can pick it up?

Last edited by category.zd (Jan 19, 2021 5:41 pm)

France Eure Et Loire

But I don't know if it can be uploaded ? For exemple, I know catskull electronic's arduinoboy lite can't be uploaded with arduino ide while standard arduinoboy can. So maybe it's the same for genMDM? I don't know...

If my solution works (it works but after using cc9 (preset normally but sometimes i'm wrong because I use hexadecimal ccs number on lgpt or lsdj)) then it should "simply" add a preset on default channels. But, I think it's not the same thing, it works but maybe it also limitate.

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 19, 2021 6:51 pm)