Italy

Hi.
Need a defMON MIDI/sync adapter for C64 (like the ones made by scannerboy).
I would also be glad to buy them from scannerboy, but as far as I know he isn't making them anymore, so my only chance is to either build one myself based on the schematics (but I can't afford to make my own pcbs as well) or buy a used one from somebody.

I'd like it shipped in Italy (Europe).
Thanks in advance.

Australia

ok, I know that this is really old but I have the same problem.

Did you ever  find anything?

I think scannerboy is still out there so maybe he still has some left

Last edited by Faulty Diodes (Mar 2, 2021 9:39 pm)

Bratislava, Slovakia

I have one directly from scannerboy, it is cool piece of hardware so i am waiting to end of pandemy, and i will bring my C64 with this to some chiptune festival.

NUMBSKULL

I think we'll go ahead and get some modern interface put together. Should be small and about the same price as scannerboy used to sell them for. I'll update here with any news!

detroit

would you consider adding an additional user port input to the device? this way one would still be able to use sd2iec or similar devices in parallel with the midi sync.

Sea of Souls
barbeque wrote:

would you consider adding an additional user port input to the device? this way one would still be able to use sd2iec or similar devices in parallel with the midi sync.

Does SD2IEC simply use the user port for power or something else?
I wonder if a 1-to-2 User Port Splitter add-on would be a good option. The majority of user will likely be using a floppy drive emulator as opposed to an official one.

detroit
Orgia Mode wrote:

I wonder if a 1-to-2 User Port Splitter add-on would be a good option. The majority of user will likely be using a floppy drive emulator as opposed to an official one.

serial port is used for data and power comes from the cassette port.

edit: confusing my port names

Last edited by barbeque (Mar 9, 2021 9:12 pm)

Sea of Souls
barbeque wrote:
Orgia Mode wrote:

serial port is used for data and power comes from the cassette port.

edit: confusing my port names

OK, so there are no conflicts.
On another note, I just came across some ESD protection boards that piggy-back the controller ports. A suggestion for you to protect your SIDs:
https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic … 711#890711

detroit

i personally have a sidfx so everything is protected by that board. good looks tho. lemon64 is a wealth of information

detroit

sidfx.dk for anyone interested in a nice two sid solution with lots of sound options

Sea of Souls
barbeque wrote:

i personally have a sidfx so everything is protected by that board. good looks tho. lemon64 is a wealth of information

Damn, that is a sick device. Thanks for the tip.

NUMBSKULL

Here's the interface:

I'm working on the code (porting to Arduino/MiniCore). Source available here: https://github.com/catskull/defmon-sync

I have a c64 but not a working defmon setup. Anyone up for testing? I can send you an interface for free. Ideally US based and technical enough to reflash the board.

Last edited by catskull (Mar 29, 2021 10:02 pm)

Cool! I'd be happy to test it, but I live in Sweden.

I'm the author of defMON though, so perhaps that could help in case some bug fixing would turn out to be needed.

What is needed to reflash? Usb-c cable and the arduino IDE, or something else?

Last edited by frantic (Mar 30, 2021 9:43 pm)

NUMBSKULL
frantic wrote:

Cool! I'd be happy to test it, but I live in Sweden.

I'm the author of defMON though, so perhaps that could help in case some bug fixing would turn out to be needed.

What is needed to reflash? Usb-c cable and the arduino IDE, or something else?

I'll DM you! Refreshing won't be easy, you need an avr ISP programmer and a little adapter jig I use or to solder some wires to some pads. Earlier I thought reflashing with Arduino IDE would be possible but realize now that it won't.

Estonia
catskull wrote:

Here's the interface:

I'm working on the code (porting to Arduino/MiniCore). Source available here: https://github.com/catskull/defmon-sync

I have a c64 but not a working defmon setup. Anyone up for testing? I can send you an interface for free. Ideally US based and technical enough to reflash the board.

That looks great and nice with the smaller design.

I'm also interested in buying one and got a working setup if you would need more testers. Located in Estonia.

Any news on the completion of the interface?