Austin, Texas

Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while.
All the old online stores I would buy modded DMGs no longer sell them and was wondering where people are getting theirs now.
Looking for prosound mods, backlit and with a fresh RCA/Headphone out.
Or just any good shops for chiptune related things.
Happy to be getting back into the scene.
Also best carts out there right now. Ive been using a Drag N Derp for many years and want something similar.

Bratislava, Slovakia

I ordered backlights V3 and mounted it myself, it is not hard to do if you are careful, and also prosound mod, soldering three cables before pot, cutting off internal amplifier and soldering cables into 3,5" stereo jack socket takes approx. half hour. Now you can find decent Gameboys on Ebay, i trust these from Germany and England, it looks like solid works.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Aug 13, 2021 8:19 pm)

Austin, Texas

I’ve been on the fence for a long time about building my own, might just have to pull the trigger and give it a go.
I don’t have much experience soldering but I have a lot of friends who do.
I used to solely buy all my gameboys from Kitsch-bent many years ago but it seem like they mostly just sell parts now.

Bratislava, Slovakia

If you are in America, on that ebay you can find many decent Gameboys, new mode is also more versatile and bright IPS displays, but prosound mod is hard to find, maybe one of your friends can help with that, it is really easy task for someone with soldering practice.

Philadelphia
Enders Crusade wrote:

I’ve been on the fence for a long time about building my own, might just have to pull the trigger and give it a go.
I don’t have much experience soldering but I have a lot of friends who do.
I used to solely buy all my gameboys from Kitsch-bent many years ago but it seem like they mostly just sell parts now.

I had thought about modding my own DMG for nearly a decade before I decided to do it myself. My soldering skills are crap and I was so worried about destroying something. However, after finally biting the bullet, it's definitely a beginner level mod that went much more easily than I thought. Pro-sound modded my NES as well while I was at it and I'm so happy I did it myself because it's very satisfying. Just watch a few videos of people soldering surface PCB joints (it helps to see someone do it) and follow a clear tutorial for where to connect things and take your time. Also, don't forget the flax...game changer for a beginner like me who was trying to solder dry joints for years lol.

Last edited by Doctor Octoroc (Aug 15, 2021 1:00 pm)