France

Hello,

Someone know how (if it's possible) to change midi channels on deflemask on IOS? Maybe it's the same as on computer, I don't know I only have it on IOS.

I'm trying to control it with the M8 tracker which basically send midi notes. But if I want to controls several instruments in same time, I need to have channel 1 control instrument 1, channel 2 instrument 2 etc... but when I change channels on M8 it always plays the same instrument on deflemask and I can't find how to choose channel per instrument on deflemask.

France

on deflemask desktop, there is no way to choose several midi inputs, it's probably the same on deflemask mobile. It's only possible to choose from midi poly input on or off. I suppose the midi input is only a way to facilitate the creation of tracks, so you can enter notes more easily.

It's not a way to use deflemask as an independant synth. If you wish to play chiptunes sounds from your M8, I suppose there are other tools for that. You can also try the Furnace tracker on your PC, it looks like it can do this kind of stuff, there is an option to "map midi channels to direct channels" (furnace supports dozens of chips). You should also be able to use furnace on a raspberry pi (headless or not) to avoid a full desktop pc.

Last edited by garvalf (Sep 9, 2022 10:26 am)