Since Twitter is slowly killing itself, I thought it would be a great idea to get back into forums, and to be honest, it feels so much better to write this post right now, then any tweet I ever wrote.

Somehow, using a dedicated forum for specific topics is just something people lost in all this social-media craziness and we need to give forums another chance.

Time to get back.

Sweeeeeeden

One can only hope... but I think that train has left the station. The closest will probably come is Discord servers which, while lacking the organization of a forum, can be more tight-knit and personal communities than that social media craziness that you speak of.

Good point. Discord has gained a lot of popularity, but I for example, never really used it. It never appealed to me, but I totally get how convenient it is.
You might be right, but there's still hope, I guess smile.

Paris, France
Dark_Bit_ wrote:

Since Twitter is slowly killing itself, I thought it would be a great idea to get back into forums, and to be honest, it feels so much better to write this post right now, then any tweet I ever wrote.

Somehow, using a dedicated forum for specific topics is just something people lost in all this social-media craziness and we need to give forums another chance.

Time to get back.

It depends on the point of view, one could consider that twitter doesn't kill itself more today than it did 6-7 years ago.

If you don't like the platform then just leave it, switch it out and enjoy, who said that one platform would last forever to everyone's liking?

Completely useless for you to bring the social media stir that you wanted to get away from here.

Imagine if every time you joined a subject specific forum you would post and rant about the previous platforms you despised and moved away from which led you to join or 'go back' to the specific forum.

It brings literally nothing of value.

ScanianWolf wrote:
Dark_Bit_ wrote:

Time to get back.

It depends on the point of view, one could consider that twitter doesn't kill itself more today than it did 6-7 years ago.

If you don't like the platform then just leave it, switch it out and enjoy, who said that one platform would last forever to everyone's liking?

Completely useless for you to bring the social media stir that you wanted to get away from here.

Imagine if every time you joined a subject specific forum you would post and rant about the previous platforms you despised and moved away from which led you to join or 'go back' to the specific forum.

It brings literally nothing of value.

Why useless? And why are you so offended?

Philadelphia, PA

I have no desire to do Discord, it seems way too chaotic. But it's also kind of the only way for a lot of conversations. Maybe I'll conquer my distaste.

Happy you got some responses on this. Even a little old-fashioned hint of a flame war! (for some reason) Ahh, the tastes of home...

sloopygoop wrote:

I have no desire to do Discord, it seems way too chaotic. But it's also kind of the only way for a lot of conversations. Maybe I'll conquer my distaste.

Happy you got some responses on this. Even a little old-fashioned hint of a flame war! (for some reason) Ahh, the tastes of home...

Haha yeah, feels great big_smile. But yeah, I get that discord is convenient, but you got it right; very chaotic.

IL, US

ugh, i don't want to have to use discord too. already got roped into telegram so i could keep in touch with the hexawe crew & oxygenfad (worth it tbh - they're all great people)
i do agree with nitro on this, as much as i'd prefer a shift back to forums (being able to easily search for old threads has saved me so much time when troubleshooting) i doubt it'll happen.

United States, Utah

I completely agree, the internet should've stayed as it was back in the 1990s-2010s.  It was so much better back then and can only truly be embraced through forums.  if only I was alive to see it.  All I can do now is try to experience it through sites like this.  I am actually making a forum right now that has the soul purpose of giving people free speech on the internet.  sure theres 4chan, but my website isnt blocked and filtered like 4chan is.  that is why i am making it, and that is why i will continue to create unfiltered free websites for as long as I live.