using the midi clock, what can i use to sync with lsdj -so far  I am only aware of the volca series being compatible with it. are there synths/sequencers that dont work with it?

Czech Republic

AS I THINK!!!: There in not exactly a midiclock sent by LSDJ, it is analog clock 24ppqn, so think about that as an analog clock rather than midi clock... Anyway usin analog clock (nanoloop - 24ppqn, lsdj - 12ppqn  ??is is this right didn't I switch these two? don't remember, sorry ??or Analog clock out)...  If your synth / sequencer can use analog clock / gate +5V / trigger in, you're good to go. There are surely some exceptions, mosty if your synt can't do this, uses different gate type (vintage korg + roland +5V to 0V), moog +12V gate etc.
If your syth has only midi and no trigger input?? thats a good question..
You can always use (or try at least) korg SQ1 as a sync box. Do you have something specific in mind?

Last edited by ryba (Aug 30, 2023 6:10 am)

just wondering what my options will be. I have a korg volca sampler that worked with a midi link cable i made (failed to make, it seems to go out of sync). The korg SQ1 looks cool, didnt know about that one

Czech Republic

Just speaking theoretically...
Volca should work
looking to latest LSDJ version:
go to Project / Sync / AN.OUT
mess with TICKS/STEP
and read the manual, synchronization section:
https://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/lates … _9_2_6.pdf
mentioned in ANALOG OUT( for Korg Volca, it should be C ), but dunno about LSDJ as master wink