Brooklyn NY US

MALADAPTIVE STRATEGIES VOL. 2 • OUT NOW

① Bit Shifter: Science City Zero (2003 / 2024)
② Bit Shifter: Transmode Virus (2003 / 2024)
③ Bit Shifter: Flight Risk (2005)
④ Bit Shifter: Tea With Galactus (2005)
⑤ Bit Shifter: Bad Surge (2006)
⑥ Bit Shifter: Quick, Before It Melts (2003)
⑦ Bit Shifter: Chumming The Ocean (2004)
⑧ Bit Shifter: Science City Zero / Transmode Virus (Live On WFMU) (2005)
----- Bandcamp edition bonus tracks -----
⑨ Bit Shifter: 120 Gigs Of Sodom (2006)
⑩ Bit Shifter and Meike Randow: Live Improvised Game Boy Collaboration (2003)
⑪ Bit Shifter: Four Sirius (2006)
⑫ Bit Shifter: Your Friends Seem Sensible (2007)
⑬ Bit Shifter: 20160124 (2016)

Hey everyone — took me ages but I've finally released a new volume in the Maladaptive Strategies retrospective release series, which gathers up all of of my non-album tracks over the years.

This edition, Volume 2, focuses on material made in the 2003-2007 period, and specifically, tracks made with the nanoloop Game Boy musicmaking software. I'm happy that these are finally properly out, because it's genuinely some of my favorite material out of everything I've done.

Two tracks are newly recorded, four have been given new, proper mixes, and the whole thing has been remastered, all courtesy of Trey Frye. And the whole thing is wrapped up in beautiful artwork by Andi Soto.

Stream / download at Bandcamp · https://bit-shifter.bandcamp.com/album/ … gies-vol-2

I haven't fully decided yet, but I will probably also be putting this volume out on all standard download & streaming services. If I do, I'll spam the internet about it.

Volume 3 is on the way, with a possible Volume 4 to follow. Stay tuned and thanks for listening.

x_x005 · a Data Casualty release

=

Love^^

Brooklyn NY US
BleeLove_Russia wrote:

Love^^

Thank you!

Czech Republic

Love old Nanoloop 1.0 - 1.2 tracks. Although software itself is painfully slooooow big_smile

Earth

Nice

Brooklyn NY US
ryba wrote:

Love old Nanoloop 1.0 - 1.2 tracks. Although software itself is painfully slooooow big_smile

Yeah I mean, I found it mostly all right, although at tempos of 137 & above, it couldn't be counted on to properly advance from pattern to pattern on time in song mode. That made things interesting when performing / recording, haha.

Brooklyn NY US
breakphase wrote:

Nice

Thank you!

Chicago IL
Bit Shifter wrote:

MALADAPTIVE STRATEGIES VOL. 2 • OUT NOW

① Bit Shifter: Science City Zero (2003 / 2024)
② Bit Shifter: Transmode Virus (2003 / 2024)
③ Bit Shifter: Flight Risk (2005)
④ Bit Shifter: Tea With Galactus (2005)
⑤ Bit Shifter: Bad Surge (2006)
⑥ Bit Shifter: Quick, Before It Melts (2003)
⑦ Bit Shifter: Chumming The Ocean (2004)
⑧ Bit Shifter: Science City Zero / Transmode Virus (Live On WFMU) (2005)
----- Bandcamp edition bonus tracks -----
⑨ Bit Shifter: 120 Gigs Of Sodom (2006)
⑩ Bit Shifter and Meike Randow: Live Improvised Game Boy Collaboration (2003)
⑪ Bit Shifter: Four Sirius (2006)
⑫ Bit Shifter: Your Friends Seem Sensible (2007)
⑬ Bit Shifter: 20160124 (2016)

Hey everyone — took me ages but I've finally released a new volume in the Maladaptive Strategies retrospective release series, which gathers up all of of my non-album tracks over the years.

This edition, Volume 2, focuses on material made in the 2003-2007 period, and specifically, tracks made with the nanoloop Game Boy musicmaking software. I'm happy that these are finally properly out, because it's genuinely some of my favorite material out of everything I've done.

Two tracks are newly recorded, four have been given new, proper mixes, and the whole thing has been remastered, all courtesy of Trey Frye. And the whole thing is wrapped up in beautiful artwork by Andi Soto.

Stream / download at Bandcamp · https://bit-shifter.bandcamp.com/album/ … gies-vol-2

I haven't fully decided yet, but I will probably also be putting this volume out on all standard download & streaming services. If I do, I'll spam the internet about it.

Volume 3 is on the way, with a possible Volume 4 to follow. Stay tuned and thanks for listening.

x_x005 · a Data Casualty release

this guy knows what he's talking about!

Brooklyn NY US
Saskrotch wrote:

this guy knows what he's talking about!

bgok

Czech Republic

Still pissed off.. I filled up Nanoloop 1.2 cart and than battery ran out.
I didn't do backup. Argh.
After a year or so I'm giving it another chance.
I really like Nanoloop 1.2 beause of it's unique features. I'd like to see another incarnation of this (1 channel for both pulse channels and pitchbend on empty steps-without triggering note)

Loving the sounds and style of this release. Probably my favorite Bit Shifter release