Atlanta, GA

Hello all! I'm looking for a usb device that will allow me to send my .sav from my gb cam to my computer. Kitsch used to have one in his store that came with a flash cart but that seems to be out of stock. Id really like to pay less than 40 shipped (I'm in the U.S.) and have paypal ready immediately.

On the off chance that you don't know what I'm referring to, look here -> http://www.flickr.com/groups/gameboycam … 2662298762

THANKS!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i believe that's the bleep bloop non-usb cart programmer...

Atlanta, GA

It is indeed. I dont necessarily need that exact programmer just one capable of the same things.

BK

if you can't find one, a mega memory card and any other USB cart should work just fine to pull SAVs off of the gb camera. Just back up the gb camera's SAV file to the MMC, then restore that save file from the MMC onto the USB cart. From there you can pull that SAV to your computer.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
Kris k wrote:

if you can't find one, a mega memory card and any other USB cart should work just fine to pull SAVs off of the gb camera. Just back up the gb camera's SAV file to the MMC, then restore that save file from the MMC onto the USB cart. From there you can pull that SAV to your computer.

agreed.
that's how i backup my my ems32 cart.

Milan, Italy

i want one of these too.. sad

Atlanta, GA
arottenbit wrote:

i want one of these too.. sad

I guess we should have gotten one when they were so easily available sad

The mega memory card method sounds like a great solution though, I'm going to give it a try.

rochester, ny

just bought a mega memory card because of this thread. thanks!

Milan, Italy

eheh..
the "smart boy" transferer should still be available.

e-mail kitch-bent asking to refill his stock!! smile

Last edited by arottenbit (Jun 16, 2010 11:32 pm)

BK
nickmaynard wrote:

just bought a mega memory card because of this thread. thanks!

They're seriously underrated, especially if your only cart is an EMS. They're dirt cheap on ebay and it's always better to have at least ONE other copy of your SAV somewhere in case your cart dies.  I back mine up using a GBA SP and i've never had a single problem with it.

Milan, Italy
arottenbit wrote:

eheh..
the "smart boy" transferer should still be available.

e-mail kitch-bent asking to refill his stock!! smile

I've emailed him, and he told me that he's not going to sell them since the smartboy team is having some production problems.. hmm

I'm totally going to contact the SB team to maybe buy some spares programmers..

Atlanta, GA
arottenbit wrote:

I'm totally going to contact the SB team to maybe buy some spares programmers..

let us know if they're willing to sell them, I'd definitely be interested!

rochester, ny

if kitsch is hesitant, that should tell you something.

Milan, Italy

I've read some reviews of those SmartBoy programmers and noone was complaining about them.
They had some financial problems (as you can see on their site), but their products are/were good.

I havent received a reply yet, but i would totally buy one those programmers.
..and 49$ for a programmer+cart bundle sounds pretty honest to me.

Milan, Italy
xero wrote:
Kris k wrote:

agreed.
that's how i backup my my ems32 cart.

ok. After read this i've bought a Mega Memory Card and an USB Card.

And the trick doesn't work.

I backup my EMS saves in the MMC(=megamemorycard).. but when i plug the USB cart in MMC.. it gives me errors and ereases all the  backupped saves in his memory. why?

matt's mind
nickmaynard wrote:

if kitsch is hesitant, that should tell you something.

their inability to produce a product that essentially everyone want s a piece of, that uses pretty common products, should tell you more than us dropping their product...

they make good stuff.  they can't run a smooth business though.  waiting on them turns into frustration.  and, i tend to be pretty patient...

they advised us it would be a long time until they got that stuff running again, and we were advised to take a refund, which we did.  it was hinted they were thinking of a complete remodel of the cart, but their prototype failed, and then they sort of just gave up and advised we get a refund. 

good stuff.  awful service.  they were trying to complete our order with them by sending us a handful here and there (like, 15 at a time hmm), which is why they came and went in spurts in our shop for a little bit.

so, if they can only manage getting us 15 units, in about a 3-4 month period, best of luck to you all!  they could have made a bit of money through us, but opted to instead sit on their hands re: production.

but, like i said, it is actually well made.  and, their mind for product design is very good.  i guess its just hard for them to handle the actual selling part.  designing, awesome.  selling...  ehhhhh