Tacoma WA
Sycamore Drive wrote:
trash80 wrote:

What issue? I didn't change anything?

I was asking for an icon to be shown for threads which have been locked, but it already exists, it just doesn't appear automatically.

One more request, it's not really a feature as such, but could mods refrain from posting in a topic once it has been closed? esc closed this thread then three mods still felt the need to post.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/702/w … ns/page/2/

we are actually talking about that right now.

shouldn't happen again.

Los Angeles
Sycamore Drive wrote:
trash80 wrote:

What issue? I didn't change anything?

I was asking for an icon to be shown for threads which have been locked, but it already exists, it just doesn't appear automatically.

One more request, it's not really a feature as such, but could mods refrain from posting in a topic once it has been closed? esc closed this thread then three mods still felt the need to post.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/702/w … ns/page/2/

Yeah when I posted I didn't know the thread was locked. Just a slight UI fail I need to fix.

Melbourne, Australia
trash80 wrote:

Yeah when I posted I didn't know the thread was locked. Just a slight UI fail I need to fix.

Which has now been implemented!

Thanks trash80. Just so everyone else knows what happened, essentially it was not visually clear that threads are closed (they look almost identical to an open thread to mods and admins). This has now been changed and there is a distinct visual difference for a closed thread. It won't happen again.

A gray world of dread

I think expanding the list of preset tags could encourage people to use them more. I'd suggest a row for systems/format, one for mood descriptions and maybe one for popular genres.

Los Angeles
µB wrote:

I think expanding the list of preset tags could encourage people to use them more. I'd suggest a row for systems/format, one for mood descriptions and maybe one for popular genres.

It should just show the 10 most popular tags. which in theory will yield good results. maybe i should show the top 12-16 results.

A gray world of dread

The problem with using popular suggestions right now is that they are biased to the small sample of available tracks, or rather, they were the first tags to be used and got more popular by simply being there.
little-scale tagged a track "2600", "Atari" and "Atari 2600" to catch all eventualities. Just an example, but it shows redundancy appearing and indicates that tags for systems with few tracks will be difficult to find because the tags differ. Also, mood and pace tags (fast, sad, energetic, dance-able) aren't really there because people didn't think of them without the suggestion, but I think they would make for good searches.
Maybe a broad set of fixed ones until there's a good pool? User tagging?

Also, I realize I'm probably a pain in the ass, but I want this to be good. Thanks for coping with my ramblings! smile

Los Angeles

yeah there are right now 6 default tags. I'll just expand it and increase the number of times a tag has to appear in order to be popular.

NorthTtrrrway

got it wink RTFM

Last edited by the mist toggles (May 10, 2010 2:03 pm)

µB wrote:

The problem with using popular suggestions right now is that they are biased to the small sample of available tracks, or rather, they were the first tags to be used and got more popular by simply being there.
little-scale tagged a track "2600", "Atari" and "Atari 2600" to catch all eventualities. Just an example, but it shows redundancy appearing and indicates that tags for systems with few tracks will be difficult to find because the tags differ. Also, mood and pace tags (fast, sad, energetic, dance-able) aren't really there because people didn't think of them without the suggestion, but I think they would make for good searches.
Maybe a broad set of fixed ones until there's a good pool? User tagging?

Also, I realize I'm probably a pain in the ass, but I want this to be good. Thanks for coping with my ramblings! smile

I'd support this. I love the tags system, good idea.
standardizing tags by having a large set of "default" tags also helps people to know what to search for, whereas if they weren't standardized in this way people wouldn't know whether to search for "Atari" "Atari 2600" or "Atari2600", just an example but I'm sure you see what I mean.

Just found a bug so far as I can tell. (sorry for double post, different post for a different topic).

I'm using chrome 5.0.375.53 and for some reason it's not allowing me to stream songs. It shows the play button, but the flash app is greyed out and won't play. I'm running the latest version of flash and it works fine in both IE and Firefox, but not chrome. Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

- When I click on the page numbers in the Music forum, they don't work.

-When I submit a comment in the music fourm, it doesn't go through.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
Zef wrote:

Just found a bug so far as I can tell. (sorry for double post, different post for a different topic).

I'm using chrome 5.0.375.53 and for some reason it's not allowing me to stream songs. It shows the play button, but the flash app is greyed out and won't play. I'm running the latest version of flash and it works fine in both IE and Firefox, but not chrome. Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

to play devil's advocate, im using the newest version of chrome w/o problems.
zef, what version of the flash player are you using?
perhaps upgrading to the newest version will fix the issue.

It's fixed itself since, not sure whether Trash80 did something or google patched something. No problems now.

Kiel, Germany

Huh, I think this already happened sometime earlier:
1-I enter a comment and click "submit"
2-the page reloads just as it was, the comment is dissapeared
That's sorta annoying.
Happened in Firefox originally, just tried Safari and it happened there too.

Edit: Magically fixed.

Last edited by STereochan (Jun 17, 2010 3:29 pm)

The City Of Angels

Just happened to me a bit ago, actually. Le odd.

trash80 wrote:

Music section missing features

1. RSS podcast

2. Music Responses

3. Thumbs

4. Member profile music list

5. URL Links to files

Home page

1. home page design

Other Areas yet to be discovered

1. Events Area

2. Reviews / Articles Area

3. Tutorials Area

4. Blog feeds

5. Connect with Members (world location & other comunication services)

More like clone the system, amirite? No no, this is too similar to TDS. I'm gonna have to ask you to not move any further, or face a lawsuit.

Perhaps lose the sidebar. The layout too similar. TDS invented sidebars.

xD

lmao.

Unsubscribe

cough *em411* cough.