Milwaukee, WI

While not a music release, we're looking for some critiques on the site itself. There are areas where we're waiting on content (the artist pages) so don't expect too much there.

Basically we think the site navigates smoothly, but that doesn't matter much when you'll be the one looking at it. What do you think?

We have a small to-do list but new ideas certainly don't hurt either.

http://www.radiograffiti.org

Oh, and new physical releases from a few names are coming very soon.

Unsubscribe

The first load was REALLY slow but it looks nice!

Tucson, AZ

Looking good.

Kiel, Germany

Two things: It loads slooooowly, as in nothing appearing for 36 seconds. From there on a bit faster, but still pretty slow overall.
And this one's nit-picking: The color scheme seems a bit ugly to me, maybe a little switch to turn it to something darker would be nice.
Other than that, it's quite nice. Browser radio player works nicely.

Milwaukee, WI

Shocking, I figured being from Germany you'd appreciate the trees! Milwaukee is the most German city in the US you know.

Truth be told we'll be doing a design overhaul in September/October to better suit the releases at that time. It will be dark.

Also, may I ask what computer set-ups you fellas are using? PM me if possible. Things are loading fairly reasonably for others, but I'd like to find a general configuration.

Milwaukee, WI

Made a few adjustments and it's now being rated at a 7.5-11 second load-time. This is why this section is important.

Thanks guys. Keep them coming.

Westfield, NJ

Site looks good, except for 2 things:

- The "next" button at the bottom of the page just kinda sites in a void, you hardly notice it. Looks very much out of place when everything else is framed in a box. May need to have a bar underneath the content that just holds the next & previous buttons, to keep the look consistent.

- The rounded corners on all the boxes are rough, they need to be redone with better anti-aliasing.

Also, in the time that I was waiting for the site to load I could have brewed coffee. There are so many things wrong with the code. You load TWO different versions of jQuery in the header:

radiograffiti.org/no_sleep/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2

and then,

googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js

You should only be using the second one, obviously. Then you load a bunch of Javascript files, when in reality, you should load those in the body of your page so they don't slow down the initial load. You want the bare necessities to load first (HTML, CSS) and then have things load as they are needed. Actually, you should seriously consider using Google's asynchronous AJAX libraries API, so that it will load in all this Javascript stuff after document.ready. OK I'm gonna stop now, I feel like a nerd.

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, you are.

I'll look into this. Thanks!

Milwaukee, WI

You can make coffee in 13 sec?

http://tools.pingdom.com/

Westfield, NJ
RG wrote:

You can make coffee in 13 sec?

http://tools.pingdom.com/

Yeah it wouldn't taste very good though.

Milwaukee, WI

LOL!

Fair enough. I'm currently pouring through this code so we'll see what I find. Truth be told a lot of this is wordpress (it *is* wordpress) so if I remove one thing I'm thinking the whole site could break. I'm a steel-worker first, coder sixth.

Thanks again.

Last edited by RG (Jun 17, 2010 1:23 pm)

IL, US
RG wrote:

Milwaukee is the most German city in the US you know.

im still worried that one day, milwaukee will invade chicago, the most polish city in the us

Milwaukee, WI

Well if the reports of Milwaukee being the most segregated city in America are true (which they are) it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Although judging by all the Illinois license plates here I'd say it's been the other way around for a while. Hell, our northern dialect is even falling by the wayside because of you flatlanders. Sad.

Milwaukee, WI

I mean that in the nicest of ways of course.

Unsubscribe

Still pretty slow, but better!

Milwaukee, WI

jquery double-load fixed

the aliasing in the rounded corners aren't much of a concern really

the "next" "previous" buttons are still floating in a void, might get fixed later but at least they line-up now

still much more to do yet!