Wheeling, WV

It's out. It's awesome.

Especially this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tmIKqxL-Fo

Mothersbaugh must be a chiptune fan now.

Unsubscribe

I dont hear any chiptune, unless you are counting vsti/korgy digtal ynths as chip.

That being said its mostly awesome.

That song however is the 2nd worse.. bleech.

Milwaukee, WI

Now?

Wheeling, WV
herr_prof wrote:

I dont hear any chiptune, unless you are counting vsti/korgy digtal ynths as chip.

That being said its mostly awesome.

That song however is the 2nd worse.. bleech.

I said he must obviously be a chiptune fan. That little riff to me was very chiptune sounding

That song is also one of my favorites.

What would you say the worst is? If it's "Don't Shoot, I'm A Man" we might have to fight.

Los Angeles

Mark had done a chipmusic project (vaporware) with ComputeHer a few years ago. She saw he had a gameboy dmg w/ GB camera when they met. I know he also has an  Atari  2600 w/ Atari Synth. However there's no way to tell 100% if they, or anything else chip related, were used on this album.

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jun 17, 2010 6:25 pm)

EVERYTHING IS CHIPTUNE, LOL

Geneva, NY

It totally is chip sounding.  And awesome, regardless of what comparisons herr prof may make to Foreigner song of a similar stature.  wink

I EVANN FART CHIPTUNEZ >8[

Los Angeles

I think half the album is great and half is worse than Smooth Noodle Maps...

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jun 17, 2010 6:29 pm)

Unsubscribe
hotmessization wrote:

What would you say the worst is? If it's "Don't Shoot, I'm A Man" we might have to fight.

Def: "March On". I like the majority of the record which is far better than i can say for anything of total devo or even half of smooth noodle maps.

My favorite is "Let's Get To It"

Wheeling, WV

If you get the Song Study version, "March On," "Cameo," and "No Place Like Home" are out, and "Watch Us Work It," "Let's Get To It," and "Signal Ready" are on it.

I personally like the Song Study version better.

Last edited by hotmessization (Jun 17, 2010 8:48 pm)

Unsubscribe

I need some comparison matrix of all the different versions.

Are the songs with the same titles, the same mix? If so i can just get the single tracks off amazon or something.

FERNDALE, MI, USA

fucking heart this album!

Wheeling, WV
herr_prof wrote:

I need some comparison matrix of all the different versions.

Are the songs with the same titles, the same mix? If so i can just get the single tracks off amazon or something.

Yep, just some different tracks and in a different order.

Last edited by hotmessization (Jun 18, 2010 6:05 pm)

Unsubscribe

But not different mixes right? Let's get to it sound different than the song study version that was streamed earlier this year.

Wheeling, WV

"Let's Get To It" isn't even on the regular album...