hi all, quick question

does anyone know what part of the rom chip is responsible for the nintendo logo? is it the address lines or data lines? or something else.

my nintendo logo works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, and its obviously a loose connection but with 40 wires to check, i want to have a rough idea where to start.

i am thinking that its the data lines because those are the ones making a difference but i just want to confirm it

thanks

Spokompton

The title was pretty exciting. I'm a little disappointed that you weren't trying to hack it.

Melbourne, Australia

Should be stored somewhere in the rom header right?

Sweeeeeeden

NeX, if this is about what we talked about two days ago...
A0-A8 (A total of 8+1 line) are responsible for the actual logo. If those are correct, and all other lines are grounded, the logo should show, but the game won't boot. If you see a pattern of lines or dots in the logo, whether the logo is scrambled or not, one or more of the data lines are loose. If you don't see a pattern of lines/dots, the data lines are probably ok, at least.

Also, if you e-mail me the ROM, and I can produce a list of scrambled logos that you can compare against to pinpoint which address lines might be loose.

well i think its the data lines that i am having problems with. the logo was scrambled, then i removed the last 4 data lines that i thought might be dodgy and i get... its hard to discribe

its like the nintendo logo, but if you divide the nintendo logo into horizontal lines, i get a black line, then the nintendo logo then another black line etc, so i think the data lines are actually the problem.

its annoying because it booted fine, then i put the top back on the cart and its shafted now....

ok no probs thanks guys it was some loose data wires causing the dodgy nintendo logo, but all is fixed and all is well smile custom flash cart on its way

TmTgr wrote:

i should have been clearer i am talking about the hardware side of things

TmTgr wrote:

i should have been clearer i am talking about the hardware side of things

Adelaide, Australia

ooo custom flash cart big_smile

freezedream wrote:

ooo custom flash cart big_smile

kinda wink and its all working now too so wait for the thread, i have a few interesting projects waiting to be uploaded smile

Melbourne, Australia

Can't wait to see the project. They are always so amazing big_smile