The Mountains

I have these, they were underwater. I also have 3x commodore 64s and 2x 1541 disk drives that were also underwater as fuck. Any hope of getting them to work again????¿¿¿¿¿¿?????¿¿¿????

If yes, and you're willing to try and fix/clean/sex them up, I will pay you $$$, ¥¥¥, £££ or (_(_)======D ~ ~ ~  O:
If no, maybe you want them for parts?? I dunno man, I'm just a dancer.

At the very least, maybe I could cut my losses and get my money back from starting this thread.

Very likely I have the power and A/V cables for all of the aforementioned/pictured consoles, but I will have to dig through a muddy tangled mess to extract them. Holla if you can help. NEvar fOrget

Unlucky, if i were you i would strip them down and wash it all. you could then dry it out really thoroughly and it should work.

The Mountains
waffle_bomb wrote:

shit

Probably, sure. But the idea here is I just do not have the time, the resources or the experience of taking these machines apart to want or be able to do it myself. If I do, I can guarantee they won't work again, because that's how I seem to "fix" things (take them apart and they break more). I'm thinkin at least a few people around here might have at least one of those attributes, and I would be willing to pay for a job well done, or donate to someone who wants to use any of the components in any of these.

You in the UK?

The Mountains

The South of the USA

Wellington, NZ

What kind of SIDS do the c64s have?

The Mountains

never really found out for sure, but at least 2 are of the 6581 persuasion, I do believe, and possibly also the third I dunno (like I said, I'm just a dancer, man)

Liverpool, UK

How much would I have to pay for you to smash one of them with a (Magic) Hammer, and then upload the results to Vimeo/YouTube?

Abandoned on Fire

Man, I'm really sorry to hear you got hit by the flood like that.  Hopefully your living conditions/important shit are still intact.  If you don't end up finding a home for these I'll volunteer to give the NES and C64s (have a working power supply) a cleaning and testing.  I've got novice electronics skills but I'm very good at not fucking things up worse.  I would be very surprised if the Dreamcast and drives are salvageable since they have gears, motors, and moving parts.  sad

EDIT:  Volunteer as in I won't let you pay me... I can make my own ( ))=====D - - - - - if needed.  tongue

Last edited by egr (Jun 21, 2010 3:54 pm)

How much would you want for the nes, shipped to the UK? Oh, and do you have any controllers / games?

The Mountains

I think I have 2 nes controllers (also flooded, ov course) but no games. if you want to figure out shipping costs I'll let you know if I don't end up going a different route

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg

ok how did they end up under water?

Abandoned on Fire
mepufw wrote:

ok how did they end up under water?

Nashville had a major flood earlier this year:

http://www.nashville.gov/flood/

The Mountains

don't listen to him, I took a long muddy bath with all my possessions

Milwaukee, WI

I'm interested in the Sega.  How much?

The Mountains

allright, you can add 1x genesis mark I and 2x atari 2600s to that list, one of which actually might not have been underwater but has motor oil on it. long story, shit is ffffffffuuuuuuuu right now

I am way too lazy to figure out a price, so if anyone wants anything mentioned, figure it out and tell me. My zip code is 37210 if you want to figure out some shipping craps.

egr do you have power supplies/etc for C64 as well as NES? if so, I will send the fuck out of these to you as fuck