New York City

From the VIRB email I received:

GOODBYE PROFILE, HELLO WEBSITE

New Vision, New Direction
If you haven’t checked out Virb in a while, it’s possible you haven’t heard the news: Virb is about to change in a very BIG way. This isn't just a fresh coat of paint, it's a departure from free social profiles — a necessary & exciting change to our business.

Our new mission is laser-focused: Virb will be one of the easiest and most affordable ways to build an elegantly simple website. There you have it.

So your profile will disappear and they will ask you to pay to maintain it as a website or something. It's not like we paid much attention to Virb, but well, one less to worry about.

On launch day, your Virb account will be upgraded to the new awesomeness. All your previously uploaded content and media will transition seamlessly. You'll get a month to give our website building tools a proper tire kicking — for FREE. Afterwards, you can continue using Virb at a super discounted rate: $5/month for you, $10/month for everyone else. We think you're going to love it.

Sneak a Peek

Time to DELETE YOUR VIRB (Heosphoros style).

I will delete any and all content I have there in case something nastier could happen to it.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 30, 2010 2:32 pm)

Los Angeles

Ditto!

Washington DC

Damn, I forgot I even had a virb.

Italy

Seems like a desperate attempt at saving virb from disappearing. And seems also like the most wrong thing to do... don't know how many people will be paying to have that kind of service. They should at least offer a free version of some kind (not that I would use it).
Actually it's a pity, because somehow virb has been a nice attempt at making something less ugly than the rest... so I think I'll just wait to see how it is like, just for curiosity's sake...

Los Angeles

You can easily do this by going to You > Settings. It's located in the bottom right corner of the page. Once you confirm you want to delete your account, it will be added to a queue for deletion, and can NOT be undone.

DONE!

☺☺☺

what is a virb?

But honestly this is quite slimy.

Brooklon
Dauragon wrote:

Damn, I forgot I even had a virb.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

those new themes look cool. Why all this social networking sites have such a shitty design sad?

Anyhow Bandcamp is simple and aims for what is for.

New York City
Analog wrote:

those new themes look cool. Why all this social networking sites have such a shitty design sad?

Virb will not be a social network anymore. That's what this change is about.

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm)

Sweden

I'm going to sign up so I can delete it

Tucson, AZ
boomlinde wrote:

South Dakota

Never even heard of it before.

IL, US
Nullsleep wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

how many points is this shot worth? at least 8, i hope