DJCactus wrote:

i take the 48'' longboard

What longboard do you have?

GTFO skaters this is a BIKE thread!  tongue

astral cat

YEAH!

Philly
pixls wrote:

lovely bike, i need to get mine fixed up and sell it in favor of something lighter, the i've got right now is heavy, and the gear ratio is no good, but there's not point putting money into that bike... (pics soon)

edit: oh and ro-bear do you have any suggestions for a good place in philly to get a good one speed/fixed?

Well, I had a 12 speed that I'm converting into eventually a whole new bike.  If you just want a cheap, new bike, I'd say order one from Bikesdirect.com. 

However if you're looking into sort of making something your own check out Bell's Bike Shop.  It's right by Pat's and Geno's.  The only downside is that it's a warehouse/custom shop, so you can't really just walk in.  You gotta call ahead.  Despite that, they're super nice and they know their stuff.  I've mainly had Chuck work with me on building my wheels and he helped me pick out a new crank last week.  Super nice, all of them.  Definitely go there over any place for actual bikes, not accessories though.

I've heard good things about Via Bikes on South Street for getting used ones, but I'm a firm believer in Bell's.

Philly, PA, USA

Cool, I'll definitely look into Bell's, bikesdirect looks good too though, thanks!

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm)

astral cat
IAYD wrote:

one speed

fuck yeah, one speed!

astral cat

here's my bike! looking kind of trampy but it's light and strong and feels goooood!

also just built this beast over the last two days...

Liverpool, UK

mad tricks @ an-cat-max's house in August

astral cat

hells yeah, we'll have an outdoor gig/ramp/bbq party! wink

New York, New York

1-Speed Bike

I don't own a bike, but if I get a 1-speed, I blame Canada.

Last edited by Esopus-dragon (Jul 1, 2010 2:49 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

Here is my bike. I bought it second-hand for not very much money at all. The suspension is fairly annoying because I ride mostly on the roads and bicycle pavements where it's more of a hindrance than a help, but I'm going to put some slick tyres on it which should help a bit.

I see a fair amount of you are into bikes with only one gear. Seems like an odd idea to me! What are the advantages, is it just cheaper? And do you have to keep pedalling all the time or is it possible to freewheel?

smile

astral cat
ant1 wrote:

Here is my bike. I bought it second-hand for not very much money at all. The suspension is fairly annoying because I ride mostly on the roads and bicycle pavements where it's more of a hindrance than a help, but I'm going to put some slick tyres on it which should help a bit.

I see a fair amount of you are into bikes with only one gear. Seems like an odd idea to me! What are the advantages, is it just cheaper? And do you have to keep pedalling all the time or is it possible to freewheel?

smile

sick mate!

xxx

but yeah, of course you can still free wheel tongue

uhajdafdfdfa
an-cat-max wrote:
ant1 wrote:

smile

sick mate!

xxx

but yeah, of course you can still free wheel tongue

Ah, ok, not like a track bike then! big_smile

Philly, PA, USA

Well a lot of single speeds come with "flip flop hubs" so on one side it's a free wheel, the other side it's a fixed cog, so you have your choice, I have to say i enjoy fixed

Philly, PA, USA

it's my current bike!

i'm planning on selling it though, anyone interested? (philly area only)