Milan, Italy

I've got a shitload of old 32M EMS carts..
and I'm having some problems with them.

Cart #1:
This is a really old card.

It is second hand and i bought it for cheap.
The chips are bigger than the other ems carts i have.

When i turn on the gameboy with this cart pugged in... nothing happens.
I have to press it from the back (on the bigger chip) and then it starts up as usual.

Why I have to press it? There shoud be a reason?

Cart #2 and #3:
Problems on start up even here.
If I plug them all-way-in in the gameboy.. they don't start. (glitched nintendo logo)

i have to keep them 1mm out of the socket..

WHY?

I thought it was a re-housing problem (they're not in the original clear-blue shell)..
But i've tried to re-house them in their old shells and i've got these same problems...

can someone please tell me why this is happening and how i could fix it?

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 6, 2010 1:05 pm)

Wellington, NZ

For the first one I'd say there are some lose connections on the big chip. Im not sure if this is a good idea but I'd take a soldering iron to each pin to make the solder flow again.

The second two could be dirty connectors perhaps? Or maybe the connectors just don't extend high enough on the cart

Milan, Italy

I think it is really too small for my soldering skills.. tongue

Wellington, NZ

Get a friend to?

☺☺☺
arottenbit wrote:

I thought it was a re-housing problem (they're not in the original clear-blue shell)..
But i've tried to re-house them in their old shells and i've got these same problems...

you probably put a shitload of strain on the solder points of each chip on each cart when you shoved them into the nintendo cases :\

putting them back wont make it all go away wink

England

can you put something in the cart on top of the chip so it is being pressed down when you put the case back together?

bit of bog roll or sticky tape, thats DIY smile

Last edited by Jellica (Jul 6, 2010 12:38 pm)

NorthTtrrrway

on a similar mindset, the second cart could be stuck higher in the case with double sided tape...

Milan, Italy
the mist toggles wrote:

on a similar mindset, the second cart could be stuck higher in the case with double sided tape...

Sh*t. there was a double sided tape in the original case. Now i understand what it was for! big_smile Thank you.

Jellica wrote:

can you put something in the cart on top of the chip so it is being pressed down when you put the case back together?

I've tried it before and it wasn't working.. dunno why..

Emar wrote:

you probably put a shitload of strain on the solder points of each chip on each cart when you shoved them into the nintendo cases :\
putting them back wont make it all go away wink

yeah it wasn't an easy fit. With his bigger chips the cart was really pressed inside the new housing! damn.. tongue

yes, i would sugwst moving the second up in the sace, although you hay have to trim a small amount off the sram unit smile lob me a pm if you want to sell any