Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Who:
Edward Shallow
Alien God Theory
CruX
Erik Tinberg

What: Short Circuit: 7th installment!!!!  A Free show!!! ALL AGES!!!
When: Saturday, July 17th, 2010 6PM (Be on time!!!)
Where:

Shuga Records
165 13th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413

Why: Because it's fun!!!! :-D

Brought to you by LittleBitRecords & Shuga Records

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:53 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

MOAR IAYD!!!!

Minneapolis

MOAR LOW-GAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KCDxDDcuc
LESS CHEESE! MOAR MACARONI! LESS MACARONI! MOAR CHEESE!

I might show up, depending on whether or not I'm making the trek to Berea Fest instead.

MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CblbGYU68Vg

Minneapolis

Now the only problem I have is... will I be able to make it back from Hackensack in time!?!?
Probably not, but we'll see.

Minneapolis

I'm getting back early from vacation. Which means I'm gonna come.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

SWEEEET!!!! smile TOMORROWW!!!!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

BIg up's to those who came out.
Arfink! sorry i was so space case. i get that way when doing the show. >_<

Minneapolis

No prob. I'm sorry I had to step out early, I really missed most of Edward Shallow's set.

Here is my synopsis of my time there:

Alien God Theory played first. I would say that his music is better than it sounds. Actually, I think even he would call his work a "sound project" and not music. Much reverberating extra-loud gonging noises and such. No offense intended to this artist, but I was kinda bored by it.

I believe the second group on was Crux. One kid played a synth, the other some kind of electronic drum/tambourine thing. Like Alien God Theory, there was less of melody and beat and more eclectic noises, but more variety. The drummer had a neat mohawk.

Third was Erik Tinberg, who preformed briefly with Crux. He was my favorite of the show, and actually managed to get a few of the audience members (including me for a bit) dancing, which is saying something with the small crowd we had. Very nice beats, and a bit more of a stage presence too.

Sadly, I missed what I am told was the best part of the show, Edward Shallow. I did get to talk to him briefly and listen to him talk to other people there, and he seems like a cool fellow. Nice accent, sweet beard!

Anyways, hopefully some of the other show-goers can post pictures of some of it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

actually it was Alien God Theory, then Erik Tinberg, then Crux joined him, Erik finished then Crux did a set on his own, then Edward Shallow.

Good news is.. i enjoyed all of it. lol Arfink if you didn't care for the modular synth stuff then you probably wont like where i'm going with music. hahah. but thats ok. it's my own rebellion from making making dance music that no one ever dances to. So why make dance music? i'd rather make music that you can sit down and just listen to and enjoy.

I'll have pictures posted as soon as i find time to upload them (probably later tonight before i head to bed).

Last edited by low-gain (Jul 18, 2010 7:51 pm)

Minneapolis

Whoops, my bad on the mixup. As I said- Alien Got theory's music is better than it sounds I'm sure.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Pictures from the show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lameboymus … 303240749/