0R360N

I know many of you (myself included) are a little confused by the current info on LSDJ keyboards. Hopefully this guide will work for you. With just remembering these color combination you can pretty much to a color by numbers job, It has not failed me yet

The guide is on my website
http://thretris.blogspot.com/2009/12/si … guide.html

********UPDATE********

check out the new addition to the guide
http://thretris.blogspot.com/2010/01/ls … pdate.html

FlashHeart

Thanks for the guide.

The keyboard I bought had the following wires: Red, White, Green, Blue
I connected them to the DMG-07 cable as follows, based on some stuff I read online:

Keyboard =====DMG
Red -     +5V     - Brown
White -  Data    -  Yellow
Green - Clock   -  Green
Blue -  Ground  -  Blue

Now when I plug in my keyboard, LSDJ shuts off, and the screen goes blank, but the battery light remains on. If I plug it in before turning on the DMG, the program just won't start.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Natty (Jan 8, 2010 7:27 pm)

FlashHeart

Never mind, figured it out.

I have a headache from breathing solder but I also have an LSDJ keyboard.

Thanks again for the tutorial.

Melbourne, Australia

Thretris you do know you dont have to use the DMG-07 cable just because it has the 5V pin.

You can use any DMG link cable, Trash80's pin swap > http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/29 … 324137185/

Did you know about this? Just for anyone else's benefit too i suppose.

Theres a thread on 8bc about it too.

0R360N
Vytantus wrote:

Thretris you do know you dont have to use the DMG-07 cable just because it has the 5V pin.

You can use any DMG link cable, Trash80's pin swap > http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/29 … 324137185/

Yeah, this is just a basic guide (color by numbers if you will), not including any of the technical stuff about using cables without the 5v (although I personally do know)

This more like a "keyboard for dummies" guide, for people not even wanting to use a multimeter.

Although I do mention, you can use the DMG-04 as long as it is Nintendo brand. I have not tried it, but Kitsch told me its the same as the 07, just 3rd party stuff wont carry the 5v. (I mentioned all this in my guide)

Plano, TX

Here's what the keyboard I cut looks like:

Red, green, yellow, white, unshielded.. any ideas?

Last edited by PixyJunket (Jan 12, 2010 12:56 am)

0R360N

cool, I think that is the next color line up I will be doing... give me a bit and I will have some color by numbers pics up smile

Plano, TX

Awesome. As soon as it's posted I'll fire up the soldering iron.

Plano, TX

Hey, you think there may be a correlation to the order the wires end up IN the keyboard?

It may be easier to work from this instead of the colors themselves if so.. just a thought.

Here's the match to the picture I posted above.

Eugene, OR
PixyJunket wrote:

Here's what the keyboard I cut looks like:

Red, green, yellow, white, unshielded.. any ideas?

The unshielded wire doesn't matter.  We just cut it off.

Plano, TX
Thretris wrote:

cool, I think that is the next color line up I will be doing... give me a bit and I will have some color by numbers pics up smile

Any updates on this?

0R360N

not yet, busy week as usual.. i will check it out this weekend smile

Los Angeles
Thretris wrote:
Vytantus wrote:

Yeah, this is just a basic guide (color by numbers if you will), not including any of the technical stuff about using cables without the 5v (although I personally do know)

This more like a "keyboard for dummies" guide, for people not even wanting to use a multimeter.

Although I do mention, you can use the DMG-04 as long as it is Nintendo brand. I have not tried it, but Kitsch told me its the same as the 07, just 3rd party stuff wont carry the 5v. (I mentioned all this in my guide)

No, the Nintendo brand (04) is missing the power line. Hence the big NINTENDO logo in my flickr set. wink

Unless I'm misreading your post.

0R360N
trash80 wrote:
Thretris wrote:

No, the Nintendo brand (04) is missing the power line. Hence the big NINTENDO logo in my flickr set. wink

Unless I'm misreading your post.

Oh ok... like I said, I have never used an 04, but mentioned they were the same as long as they were branded... but I dont know if he was sure either... so if you can confirm they will NOT carry the power, thats great. Thanks

Los Angeles

The only stuff I know that does is the DMG07 because it needs power. smile

Also random china built GBC cables sometimes had power. It's always been a hit or miss. I bought a whole bunch of link cables on ebay that had all 6 pins, but the power WIRE was missing. lol

0R360N

UPDATE!!!!

heres another keyboard type

DMG-07 Wires - PS2 wires
Green - Red
Blue - White
Yellow - Green
Brown - Black

(any other colors do not matter, cut them off)