Milan, Italy

/// ALERT /// THIS IS NOT A CHIP METAL COMPILATION ///

Ok..
After the first try, here the second one!

What about a nice Black metal Compilation?!
I'm not talking about writing some black metal songs using chips, i'm more about mixing BlackMetal sounds and feelings with our usual and personal Chip-style.

You know.. dark atmospheres.. minor 7th scales.. mean melodies.. Blast Beats..  Overdrived vocals..
All this kind of stuff plus techno, noise, drone, dubstep, trance, breakbeat, drum'n'bass beats.. do whatever you want.

It would be nice to still keep our personal style in the compositions.. so.. if i'm a breakchip artist, i'll mix black metal with breakcore and chipmusic.. if i'm an hairtune kid, i'll mix black metal with shitty trance and FL effects. ..and so on..

about the track length.. Dunno.. over 5 minutes tracks are usually boring, so let's keep this 5 minutes limit.

Record your song with a -4dB limit (to help the mastering process) and send your 320KBs MP3s (or WAVs) to:
vuguz AAAAAAAAATTTT hotmail.it

This release must to be the most "grim and frostbitten" chip release ever. So please add to your track a lot of noise, distortion, bad EQing.
If i'm receiving a too much mellow track, I'll add some distortion and we'll work together till we could find something good for both us.

K. Who would like to be in?

Tracks received by far from:
arottenbit /// Gameboy /// LSDJ /// BLACK METAL + Speedcore + Hardtekk /// 02.52

in:
The Mist Toggles
arottenbit
Subterrestrial
Nestrogen
egr
xero
Kenobit
Pastel Arsenal

Reviewers:
arottenbit
Nestrogen
(DISmantle87)

Netlabel:
..still looking for.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 18, 2010 1:06 pm)

The Hollow Earth

I'm in! My style tends to lean towards dark ambient, but just about anything can happen with Subterrestrial. Do you have requirements for length/format/bitrate? Where do we send a completed track?

Abandoned on Fire

I'm in.  Way in.  Like, scary.

Milan, Italy

First post edited with all the infos you wanted to know!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

im actually trying to do blast beats in LSDj / NL right now ;D
so im tentatively in.

NorthTtrrrway

+1

Philly

What's a minor 7th scale?

Winter Haven, FL

Ahhh.. so, it's not about writing a black metal chiptune? I get it.
Can we hear the remixed track before you put this out? Ya know.. in case it sucks?

Milan, Italy
Nestrogen wrote:

Ahhh.. so, it's not about writing a black metal chiptune? I get it.

It's all about the black metal "sound", not black metal compositions.
Straight Black Metal chiptune songs will not be accepted for this compilation.

Nestrogen wrote:

Can we hear the remixed track before you put this out? Ya know.. in case it sucks?

with "remixed track" you mean "the track after the mastering"?
in that case... Nope, I would like to keep this like a "surprise effect" for everyone.

BTW I need one or two reviewer for the tracks, so if you want you could be one of them and help me hearing all the tracks.

edit:
I would like to have a lot of artists in this.
Not only "metal fans". Take this challenge!

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 16, 2010 11:15 pm)

IL, US
arottenbit wrote:

During the mastering I'll add a shitload of distortion and bad EQing to make this release the most "grim and frostbitten" chip release ever. Deal with it.

i mean, i love distortion, you know i do...but how is this not a deal breaker for everyone? distortion used wrong/excessivley can ruin any track

Milan, Italy

yeah don'tworry.. i was just exaggerating with that sentence.
I'm only cutting some Low Freq and saturating some parts.
i'll keep it easy. i won't do anything too strong.

Milan, Italy

This is how the songs should sound like.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uy8y54pmvuhl81p

A LITTLE overdrive distortion, a little reverb, compression, some band-stop filter and EQ.

I think it sounds RAW and blackmetal-ish. I like it.

I'll add all this stuff only on the most dancey and mellow stuff, i'm not going to add more distortion on already noisy tracks.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 17, 2010 9:11 am)

Leuven, Bellagium
arottenbit wrote:

BTW I need one or two reviewer for the tracks, so if you want you could be one of them and help me hearing all the tracks.

I'd be down for that!

Milan, Italy

Ok. at the moment i don't need a third reviewer, but i'll keep your name in mind. wink

Leuven, Bellagium

Oh, you already had two! KK then, just let me know when a third one is required!

necrochip ftw. I'm in.