Neo Jersey

i am trying to put my .sav on to a new bleep bloop cart. So, i tried erasing / writing my ram, but it kept loading the old .sav... the cart right now has lsdj 3.99 on it. My .sav file that i am trying to load on to it was made with lsdj 3.74. i thought that was maybe the problem so i then tried erasing flash and ram and then flashing 3.74 and writing ram again...Result: STILL loads lsdj 3.9 and the old .sav. it doesn't make any sense. am i doing something wrong? i've tried the gbc flasher and also tried upc - both with the same results. this is very frustrating. has anyone else had this problem? thanks

matt's mind

format the cartridge first, just don't write new stuff on top of the old one.

did the cartridge come pre-flashed i'm guessing then?  i would assume they flash it via the USB, however, they can also be flashed via the edge connector.  depends on what they used, although i'd assume they check stuff before mailing it, and flashing via edge connector is a little antiquated...

but, format before flashing.  then with the blank cart, go on and flash whatever to it. 

if it doesn't work past that, get in touch with them, as your cart is malfunctioning. 

basically, the only two ways to flash them are via USB, and the edge connector.  if you paid for a USB cart, and the USB port is faulty, then thats an issue.

as long as you format FIRST, then flash.

matt's mind

although!

you sholdn't have to format for the sav.

that may be an issue.

but, just to be sure (i'm sure they'd ask you to try this), just format the whole thing and try starting from scratch. 

if that doesn't work, then there is an issue for sure.  a full formatting like that shouldn't be how you have to change a sav (although, still, the sav is in the RAM, formatting wipes the ROM, so i'm still lost as to what the issue would be).

try formatting, doesn't work, contact them.  but, your sav file should change. 

hmm

Milan, Italy

maybe your save is uncompatible since it comes from your PSP.
i could send you a surelly working lsdj sav to test it.

Philly, PA, USA

are you sure the sav works? I know i've had older savs written over with newer saves by emulators and I'm not really sure why. but you might wanna make sure that the sav you're trying to load hasn't been over written with the other one.

Neo Jersey

the cart was bought at blipfest. my friend actually bought it and literally didnt do a thing with it so i took it off his hands. it was preflashed with 3.99 and some sample songs. i'd assume it was flashed via usb....
@Kitsch - by format you mean erase flash & ram right? i did that. and yet when i turn it on it still loads the same thing every time.
@arottenbit - the .sav is coming from my psp, yes, does that make a difference? send me that .sav file im curious to see what happens
@pixls - i know the sav works because it does load in bgb emulator.